Chickens

Old May 30th 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice
Default Re: Chickens

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Day 2 with the chickens ..............and we are down to 1 chicken !!!!

We decided to let them out this morning and just keep a "good eye on them". Rob said they just pottered around the garden in a little bunch made up of the 4 of them. Everytime he went out, they followed him and in general seemed pretty settled. They even tried to follow him into the house !!

Aparently all 4 of them were in the garden at 3pm and by 3.30pm THEY WERE ALL GONE !!!

6PM and ONE of them retuned alone and sneaked into the coop....

Where the hell they went we just don't know. We have rattled tins of chicken feed, asked at neighbours and searched the bushes with torches all to no avail. There is still 3 missing. We've left food out and the outside light on for them....as if they'll care !!!

Did get some great advice about clipping one wing. Had they been here I would have done them tonight. Guess that doesn't stop them "running away" though !!

Gill

When is the next installment due. I can't wait!
Old May 30th 2005, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
I know this off-topic, but are we going to see a picture of you in the 'pictures of us' thread?
Will this one do?????

Old May 30th 2005, 5:49 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Try clipping one of their wings,start with an inch...more if they still fly...as for coaxing them back to their coop...leave a trail of crumbled bread for them...seems to work each time for us...
Old May 30th 2005, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Try clipping one of their wings,start with an inch...more if they still fly...as for coaxing them back to their coop...leave a trail of crumbled bread for them...seems to work each time for us...
You eat crumbled bread from the earth?
Old May 30th 2005, 6:09 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
You eat crumbled bread from the earth?
Yeah...ha ha....
Old May 30th 2005, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Update!!!!

Things were looking up this morning when another chicken returned early. Building our hopes up that the other 2 would soon follow. Took the girls to school and arrived back 20minutes later to find the remaining 2 chickens gone. Not just that but there were a number of feathers near the back door. Either they have been fighting over their strategy for going to look for the other other two chickens, or it may be a case of FOUL play.

Rob
Old May 30th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Update!!!!

Things were looking up this morning when another chicken returned early. Building our hopes up that the other 2 would soon follow. Took the girls to school and arrived back 20minutes later to find the remaining 2 chickens gone. Not just that but there were a number of feathers near the back door. Either they have been fighting over their strategy for going to look for the other other two chickens, or it may be a case of FOUL play.

Rob
Come on Rob - lets be seeing you and Gill on the Photso of us thread - come on be brave enough!!
Old May 30th 2005, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Come on Rob - lets be seeing you and Gill on the Photso of us thread - come on be brave enough!!
Yeah!! A few chicken chase snaps would be top!
Old May 30th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah!! A few chicken chase snaps would be top!
We don't have a working digital camera at the moment, if the chickens do return I will consider sticking one of them in the scanner.

Robert
Old May 30th 2005, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

We don't have a working digital camera at the moment, if the chickens do return I will consider sticking one of them in the scanner.

Robert
The chicken or the photo?
Old May 30th 2005, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

The chicken or the photo?
Chicken

Rob
Old May 30th 2005, 10:24 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Chicken

Rob
Not back then Rob?

I'm sorry but I laughed my head off at this story!! was so funny.. think it's the norm to suffer like this in the begining. Hope they come back soon.
Old May 31st 2005, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Debs70
Not back then Rob?

I'm sorry but I laughed my head off at this story!! was so funny.. think it's the norm to suffer like this in the begining. Hope they come back soon.
Quick update...day 3....6.45pm and we are down to 1 chicken....Elvis. Who by the way is NOT the same one who we had on Sunday night !!

He was just approaching the back of the house as I drove up the driveway. My first words to Rob as he opened the door was "How many other than this one?" and his reply was "THIS ONE???........well that ........makes .....er.....one....quick grab the bugger !!"

I have had so much advice given to me over the last few days, that I'm going to produce a pamphlet on "Chicken keeping for city slickers"..... starting with the opening chapter on reasons NOT to keep chickens.

Last night was awful, we were so anxious that they had not returned. We were like parents waiting for teenagers to return to the nest {sorry!} from a night out.

By morning I told Rob we have to adopt a more relaxed attitude to parenting chickens !!!

Luckily colleague at work who gave us the chickens has seen the funny side to all this. Have seriously thought about returning them to them, but what do we say..... Hey Jan, remember the 4 chickens you gave us on Saturday, well how about I loose 3 of them in 3 days and give you just one back?...... doesn't sound good somehow.

ADVICE PLEASE
Gill
Old May 31st 2005, 7:15 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quick update...day 3....6.45pm and we are down to 1 chicken....Elvis. Who by the way is NOT the same one who we had on Sunday night !!

He was just approaching the back of the house as I drove up the driveway. My first words to Rob as he opened the door was "How many other than this one?" and his reply was "THIS ONE???........well that ........makes .....er.....one....quick grab the bugger !!"

I have had so much advice given to me over the last few days, that I'm going to produce a pamphlet on "Chicken keeping for city slickers"..... starting with the opening chapter on reasons NOT to keep chickens.

Last night was awful, we were so anxious that they had not returned. We were like parents waiting for teenagers to return to the nest {sorry!} from a night out.

By morning I told Rob we have to adopt a more relaxed attitude to parenting chickens !!!

Luckily colleague at work who gave us the chickens has seen the funny side to all this. Have seriously thought about returning them to them, but what do we say..... Hey Jan, remember the 4 chickens you gave us on Saturday, well how about I loose 3 of them in 3 days and give you just one back?...... doesn't sound good somehow.

ADVICE PLEASE
Gill
Buy 3 more chickens and 4 of these!
Old May 31st 2005, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Biddy
Buy 3 more chickens and 4 of these!

Believe me we have seriously thought of that !!! Clipping a wing stops them flying away, but not running away.

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.