Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

To cheer or not to cheer..

To cheer or not to cheer..

Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default To cheer or not to cheer..

So, middle daughter got through to the regionals in her cheer competition.. yayyyyyyy!! Regionals are being held at the end of november in Long Beach CA.. yayyyyyyy!!! - BUT.. if they get through to the nationals.. its in Florida.. the week before CHRISTMAS!!!!! Booooooo!!! So, massive achievement if they qualify.. but a bit of a bummer having to fly to Florida at that time of year!!

Do I cheer her on and hope she wins.. or secretly hope someone messes up (not her, Obviously!) Its a toughie..
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To cheer or not to cheer..

Originally Posted by sambapink
So, middle daughter got through to the regionals in her cheer competition.. yayyyyyyy!! Regionals are being held at the end of november in Long Beach CA.. yayyyyyyy!!! - BUT.. if they get through to the nationals.. its in Florida.. the week before CHRISTMAS!!!!! Booooooo!!! So, massive achievement if they qualify.. but a bit of a bummer having to fly to Florida at that time of year!!

Do I cheer her on and hope she wins.. or secretly hope someone messes up (not her, Obviously!) Its a toughie..
dunno what a cheer competition is all about but yep if the team qualify then then i'd be supporting a win for sure and it'll be fun for them in florida before xmas.....good luck and hope they win
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
dunno what a cheer competition is all about but yep if the team qualify then then i'd be supporting a win for sure and it'll be fun for them in florida before xmas.....good luck and hope they win
A cheer competition is like nothing I have ever experianced before in my life.. it really is something to behold - if you ever saw the movie 'Bring it on' (sadly I have) then that just about sums it up!

I know deep in my heart I should root for a win... but Florida.. at christmas.. Its bad enough here in California!!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:05 am
Account Closed

A cheer competition is like nothing I have ever experianced before in my life.. it really is something to behold - if you ever saw the movie 'Bring it on' (sadly I have) then that just about sums it up!

I know deep in my heart I should root for a win... but Florida.. at christmas.. Its bad enough here in California!!
but you wouldn't all be going or would you?
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

but you wouldn't all be going or would you?
Well, there in lies the other problem.. I would be going alone... all alone, on my own.. with all the other **deep breath** cheer mums
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Well, there in lies the other problem.. I would be going alone... all alone, on my own.. with all the other **deep breath** cheer mums
ahhh ok ....guess i assumed said daughter would be going with the team etc....surely you're going to be far too busy that time of year to tag along
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Cheer her on.
When we were in Florida near Christams time, the hotel we stayed in were full of cheer leaders. My daughter was amazed, she wanted to join in. Looked like they were having the time of their lives.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

ahhh ok ....guess i assumed said daughter would be going with the team etc....surely you're going to be far too busy that time of year to tag along
Indeed I am.. and they will be chaperoned.. AND, AND.. did I mention its the week of my birthday.. its just all very inconsiderate..!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Cheer her on.
When we were in Florida near Christams time, the hotel we stayed in were full of cheer leaders. My daughter was amazed, she wanted to join in. Looked like they were having the time of their lives.

I have no doubt that the kids have the time of their lives.. fabulous experiance... but have you any idea how humiliating it is to wear a 'bling' t-shirt with the team logo on it and a great BIG badge with a photo of your daughter on it... Theres only so many 'whoooppppp woooo's' in me!!!!

Old Nov 8th 2008, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid I'm bad... I'd be crossing my fingers for just a teensy bit of bad luck.

Ugh... Florida at xmas with a bunch of cheer moms.

Nah, wouldn't blame you a bit.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:06 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'm afraid I'm bad... I'd be crossing my fingers for just a teensy bit of bad luck.

Ugh... Florida at xmas with a bunch of cheer moms.

Nah, wouldn't blame you a bit.
Now listen...I'm a cheer mum and I'm not like that

Samba...it sounds like you have horrible cheer mums. There are a few mums in our squad who look and act like they cheer for the Dallas Cowboys but the rest are great.

I do know what you mean though. My youngest (the cheerleader) is also in an Equestrian team...sounds very grand but isn't. When that started we were told it would all be very local but we have had to travel all over.
I really didn't want to be stuck in a hotel with a bunch of people I didn't know and didn't like the look of.
They had all looked so snotty when I had seen them at the barn.
The first trip was a bit strained but we all got to know each other and now the adults have more fun than the kids.

The finals were in Boston last year and I was very torn between wanting the team to do well and hoping I didn't have to go.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Now listen...I'm a cheer mum and I'm not like that

Samba...it sounds like you have horrible cheer mums. There are a few mums in our squad who look and act like they cheer for the Dallas Cowboys but the rest are great.

I do know what you mean though. My youngest (the cheerleader) is also in an Equestrian team...sounds very grand but isn't. When that started we were told it would all be very local but we have had to travel all over.
I really didn't want to be stuck in a hotel with a bunch of people I didn't know and didn't like the look of.
They had all looked so snotty when I had seen them at the barn.
The first trip was a bit strained but we all got to know each other and now the adults have more fun than the kids.

The finals were in Boston last year and I was very torn between wanting the team to do well and hoping I didn't have to go.
LOL I'm sure you are a perfectly lovely cheer mom

I wasn't 100% serious - was joking re. Samba's reference to cheer moms.

(... but I'd still hide)
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:47 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I'm sure you are a perfectly lovely cheer mom

I wasn't 100% serious - was joking re. Samba's reference to cheer moms.

(... but I'd still hide)
I know you were joking.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know you were joking.
Glad to hear it

(wouldn't want to piss off a cheer mom... they can be SCARY don'tcha know...)
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:04 pm
Who?

Glad to hear it

(wouldn't want to piss off a cheer mom... they can be SCARY don'tcha know...)
The two would be dallas Cowboy cheer mums in the squad are very scary. They are so intense. You can almost see them itching to get out there and do it themselves. Needless to say they very rarely come to the before game wine tasting....a new cheer tradition we felt we had to start.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The two would be dallas Cowboy cheer mums in the squad are very scary. They are so intense. You can almost see them itching to get out there and do it themselves. Needless to say they very rarely come to the before game wine tasting....a new cheer tradition we felt we had to start.
Now I heartily approve of that cheer tradition - I'd even pretend to be a cheer mom for that one.

Wasn't there some movie about rabid cheer moms? One bumped off her daughter's competition or something? can't remember the name just now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.