Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to ship 1 box

Cheapest way to ship 1 box

Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

SuffolkbritinNZ will become famous soon enough
Default Cheapest way to ship 1 box

Hi
I'm just curious what would be the cheapest way to send one box of home items from UK to NZ? Doesn't have to be the quickest, just the cheapest!!! A friend has asked me to enquire from NZ!
Cheers
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to ship 1 box

By one box, do you mean a box that you can pick up and carry (without assistance) or one box as in a container box that you can get all your worldly possessions in!

If its the first then this may help...

My wife - still in the UK - has sent me a couple of business suits & half a dozen shirts via DHL for £128.

This box arrived in NZ within 3-4 days then DHL wanted to charge an additional $250 to process the "complex" paperwork required to get this box through MAF & NZ Customs before they would complete the job we originally paid them to do.

Eventually got DHL to complete the "complex" paperwork (transferring consignment details from their paperwork to MAF & NZ Customs paperwork) free of charge and collected the box myself.

NZ Customs man said tha DHL try this "complex" paperwork trick all the time.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

SuffolkbritinNZ will become famous soon enough

Oh how cheeky!

Great, thanks - yes I meant a box you can pick up and carry yourself.

Many thanks for the advice
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I used to send the sausage seasoning to my son in laws butchers shop because he could not get it in NZ at the time. I used Parcel Force via the Post Office and filled in a declaration form starting exactly what it was. I also paid to track it so we could follow it on its journey. It took 5 - 7 days after being cleared at customs. I am sure if you go to the Post Office and tell then the approximate weight they will be able to give you an idea of cost.

We have not had to send any for about 2 years now but if I remember rightly 30 kilos was about £140 and there was no complex paper work.

June
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:53 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Try http://www.parcel2go.com and http://www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk/