Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cheaper regional fares coming your way???

Cheaper regional fares coming your way???

Old Jun 18th 2015, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheaper regional fares coming your way???

I know they may not be everyones cup of tea but JetStar today announced plans to introduce regional flights in New Zealand.

They are going to be in discussion with New Zealanders asking the routes that they would like to see them implemented. My understanding is that they'll offer up to 9 regional flights on top of their current Auckland to Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown flights, as well as the Wellington to Christchurch flight. There also is potential that they may offer international flights to places, other than Australia - with Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hawaii being on the agenda. This would bring back former routes that Air Asia X used to have in New Zealand. These international flights may not be daily but would run every 3 days depending on demand and yearly.

They're on course to meet some regional airports soon to discuss the proposal.
Can only be a good thing for regional air fares to have cheaper prices, rather than it being cheaper to fly a return leg to Tokyo than a domestic return from Invercargill to Tauranga for example.