Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cheap Numbers For Calling Australia Or New Zealand

Cheap Numbers For Calling Australia Or New Zealand

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:27 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Cheap Numbers For Calling Australia Or New Zealand

Just thought I would let you know about 2 cheap phone numbers I have found for calling Australia and New Zealand.

These are ten times better than those calling cards that either charge for connecting you or go out of date before you've used up the credit. So, if you've got family back in the UK who phone you, give them these numbers and they will save a small fortune. These are access numbers, so you dial them first. At the prompt, dial your international destination number in full, including '00' (you can dial your destination number at any time during the prompt) and that's all you have to do. The connections are perfect, there is no delay and they don't appear on your phone bill as international numbers, just as local calls. There are 2 numbers, the first one is the cheapest one for calling during the day (The price of a national rate call, about 2p) and the second one is best for calling at weekends and evenings (only 1p/ min). They charge by the second so, unlike calling cards, you don't get charged for a full minute if you don't use a full minute.

During the day : 0870 794 3490 + full international number (National rate, about 2p)

During the weekend or evenings : 0844 570 3490 + full international number (1p/ min)

Your family will save a small fortune on overseas calls.

Steve.

Last edited by SteveBannister; Aug 16th 2004 at 9:13 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Numbers For Calling Australia Or New Zealand

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Just thought I would let you know about 2 cheap phone numbers I have found for calling Australia and New Zealand.

These are ten times better than those calling cards that either charge for connecting you or go out of date before you've used up the credit. So, if you've got family back in the UK who phone you, give them these numbers and they will save a small fortune. These are access numbers, so you dial them first. At the prompt, dial your international destination number in full, including '00' (you can dial your destination number at any time during the prompt) and that's all you have to do. The connections are perfect, there is no delay and they don't appear on your phone bill as international numbers, just as local calls. There are 2 numbers, the first one is the cheapest one for calling during the day (The price of a national rate call, about 3p) and the second one is best for calling at weekends and evenings (only 5p/ min). They charge by the second so, unlike calling cards, you don't get charged for a full minute if you don't use a full minute.

During the day : 0870 794 3490 + full international number (National rate, about 3p)

During the weekend or evenings : 0844 570 3490 + full international number (5p/ min)

Your family will save a small fortune on overseas calls.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Its always great to find the cheap alternatives!! Thanks....

Someone on here a while back posted a link to a site called www.18866.co.uk and we have been using that. Its only 1p per minute to Oz/NZ/US. Not sure if you saw that thread or not. So far so good for us....

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:51 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hels
Hi Steve,

Its always great to find the cheap alternatives!! Thanks....

Someone on here a while back posted a link to a site called www.18866.co.uk and we have been using that. Its only 1p per minute to Oz/NZ/US. Not sure if you saw that thread or not. So far so good for us....

Hi Hels,

I originally signed my MIL up for that one but they kept disconnecting her or she'd get the message, 'number not recognised'. I've never had a problem with the one I've suggested so thought I'd share the good news
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've started using Telediscount and find them alot cheaper that ntl. Also you dont have to sign up with them. You just dial their number first and then the number you want to dial. Telediscounts number then comes up on my phone bill.

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/additional_info.php

Call from UK to Phone landline in Oz-0844 4 621 621

Calls from UK to mobile numbers in Oz-0911 9 223 223

Calls are 2p per min to landline and 13p per min to mobiles.

Su
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
Hi Hels,

I originally signed my MIL up for that one but they kept disconnecting her or she'd get the message, 'number not recognised'. I've never had a problem with the one I've suggested so thought I'd share the good news

Really??? I have been using it for a couple weeks now and been able to have nice long chats to my Sister and friends and havent once had a problem either getting cut off nor with the numbers.....perhaps they have improved the system???

Hey, choice is a darn good thing in my book....
Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hels
Really??? I have been using it for a couple weeks now and been able to have nice long chats to my Sister and friends and havent once had a problem either getting cut off nor with the numbers.....perhaps they have improved the system???

Hey, choice is a darn good thing in my book....
We've not had any problems so far.

Perhaps there are busier times than others and we've just been lucky....