Cheap glasses NZ

Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap glasses NZ

Specsavers NZ has arrived. 15 months ago I paid almost $900 for 2 pairs of glasses and an eye exam. Today I paid $279 for 2 pairs of designer glasses and a full eye exam!!!!!!!!!! That includes the frames and the lens!! They have an offer on at the mo 2 for the price of one and half price eye exams (you need to find the voucher for the $30 reduction on the exam from your local or national paper). I found the $600 saving rather refreshing...which is nice.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cheap glasses NZ

We both need to get the eyeballs sorted so thank heavens for Specsavers.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

It,s still way more expensive than the UK I broke my prescription sunnys and the exact same pair here where more than double what i paid at specsavers UK and i had to wait a week to get them, my old lenses where still good but they also wanted full price just to put them in a new frame

I was a little pissed off with them, but hey ho when in Rome

Neil
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, pleasantly surprised with only $10 for a full eye test at Specsavers and glasses themselves decent value too, though there are few extrtas which soon add up.
One difference with UK, is instead of same day turnaround, looking at 2 weeks instead :-(
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:01 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
One difference with UK......
The old whinging Pom "back in UK" reeeeeaaallly needs to be dropped mate.
Be pleased you've got specsavers now , and live with the down sides.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Specsavers NZ has arrived. 15 months ago I paid almost $900 for 2 pairs of glasses and an eye exam. Today I paid $279 for 2 pairs of designer glasses and a full eye exam!!!!!!!!!! That includes the frames and the lens!! They have an offer on at the mo 2 for the price of one and half price eye exams (you need to find the voucher for the $30 reduction on the exam from your local or national paper). I found the $600 saving rather refreshing...which is nice.
Thanks for the information Genesis. and Thanks for letting us know. In fact, I do have some stress ...each time when I get my eye exam (my eyes just get worse and worse every year - how strange, it just doesn't stop despite I turn 33 this year...) well if you pay $900 for 2 pairs of glasses... actually... isn't that ba....d..you know.. I pay about $1000 for a pair .. My lense costs about $600~700 (need special lenses). plus eye exams $75... plus new frame... $400 ish. I mean I don't even know how much money I've been spending or wasting... for my specs during that time...here in NZ.... That's sooo ridiculous... I have a very high prescription - really bad eyesight (-9.00 diopters ) - partly I am being an Asian - didn't know about this sh*t factor ... till I meet the plunket nurse who visited to see my 2 months old nephew last year... We worried about Euan's vision .. then she explained it to me like that... because Asians have a different shape of cornea or something - tend to have bad/worse eyesight than Europeans.,,,

just wish ....I could see things without heavy glasses or contact lenses....... and have a shower... without dizziness. Wouldn't It Be Nice. I am due to an appointment soon .. hopefully they are good........think I am an expensive person... in many ways...need to make more money for myself.........

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 29th 2010 at 9:22 am.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:52 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

SWMBO has just been informed that she needs a new pair of gig lamps by friendly optician. We had assumed that it would be something that would be mahoosively expensive in NZ, but found SpecSavers online yesterday and were mightily relieved to see their prices. We'll get these ones sorted in the UK as it's one less thing to faff with then, but it's a much lessened expense for future reference if we get out there.

For them that is in the UK still, Vision Express are doing an offer on one pair of designer specs in conjunction with a pair of prescription sunglasses which may be more useful for down under?

And for ultimate bargainaceousness, the good folk at Asda do two pairs of designer glasses for £90 at the moment!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Have to say Specsavers at Albany Mall were fantastic for me!

Lost my glasses just after xmas so got an appt at Specsavers for some new ones. Complete eye test and 2 sets of flexi hinge glasses for $249 complete. As I have a high prescription in one eye I opted for the thinner lenses at $175 on one frame and was told if I wanted them in the other once they arrived I had 30 days to have them changed and just pay the difference.

Picked them up 2 weeks later and immediatly realised I needed thinner lenses in the other frame. Specsavers waived the $129 reglaze fee and I just paid the difference in lense price.

Super super super happy!!

Will go back again in a few months to try contact lenses.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
The old whinging Pom "back in UK" reeeeeaaallly needs to be dropped mate.
Be pleased you've got specsavers now , and live with the down sides.

What's with the attitude? Pointing out 'one difference' hardly warrants the whinging Pom remark.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 1:10 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

There's a new one just opened in Porirua Mall
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:12 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Thanks for the information Genesis. and Thanks for letting us know. In fact, I do have some stress ...each time when I get my eye exam (my eyes just get worse and worse every year - how strange, it just doesn't stop despite I turn 33 this year...) well if you pay $900 for 2 pairs of glasses... actually... isn't that ba....d..you know.. I pay about $1000 for a pair .. My lense costs about $600~700 (need special lenses). plus eye exams $75... plus new frame... $400 ish. I mean I don't even know how much money I've been spending or wasting... for my specs during that time...here in NZ.... That's sooo ridiculous... I have a very high prescription - really bad eyesight (-9.00 diopters ) - partly I am being an Asian - didn't know about this sh*t factor ... till I meet the plunket nurse who visited to see my 2 months old nephew last year... We worried about Euan's vision .. then she explained it to me like that... because Asians have a different shape of cornea or something - tend to have bad/worse eyesight than Europeans.,,,

just wish ....I could see things without heavy glasses or contact lenses....... and have a shower... without dizziness. Wouldn't It Be Nice. I am due to an appointment soon .. hopefully they are good........think I am an expensive person... in many ways...need to make more money for myself.........
Wow that's well expensive
I get my glases from the Warehouse or the $2 Dollar shop
but they are only for reading
i cant read a thing without them
So glad i don't have to pay out that expense
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:59 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
What's with the attitude? Pointing out 'one difference' hardly warrants the whinging Pom remark.
From small acorns.....
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Specsavers opened in central Welly, and so far I think they are probably the worst, most disorganised, optician/optometrist I have ever come across in about 17 years of wearing glasses/lenses, when you rock up and have to tell THEM why you are there and what they are supposed to be doing every time you go then it's not exactly inspiring for the customer that they have a clue what they are doing!?!?! And when they phone up and tell you completely different information and prices than they told you the day before...

Not impressesd so far...
Old Mar 30th 2010, 9:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sounds like our local docs TBH
Old Mar 31st 2010, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Specsavers opened in central Welly, and so far I think they are probably the worst, most disorganised, optician/optometrist I have ever come across in about 17 years of wearing glasses/lenses, when you rock up and have to tell THEM why you are there and what they are supposed to be doing every time you go then it's not exactly inspiring for the customer that they have a clue what they are doing!?!?! And when they phone up and tell you completely different information and prices than they told you the day before...

Not impressesd so far...
just pop into the shop at lunch time (its close to work), only to find out what you've said is true or not?..

seems to be popular ...loads of custmers to be seen so far. A guy approached to me and said do you need any help? - he sounded full of beans... then I asked him.. is this shop managed by Kiwi? or Pom? then he replied... only the director is Pom who from Bristol. and rest of staffs are Kiwis...

well my eyes have some complex problems to deal with (including film over eye) - I can't ever imagine going to somewhere I don't know for sure. I don't mind paying for a fortune for my specs tho as long as they provide excellent customer care. However, think spacsavers would be okay for most of ordinary people who don't have major problems like myself - they are qualified at least, aren't they?. so you can trust them? you will get what you want at the end anyway - even if their customer service can be crappy...

actually I asked them what kind of lenses do they use? their lenses - made in Melbourne/The lab is located in Auckland. Personally, I prefer Nikon lenses for my specs.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 31st 2010 at 5:07 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.