Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cheap flights to the Uk?

Cheap flights to the Uk?

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Cheap flights to the Uk?

Anyone currently looking at flights back to the UK.

Husband really needs to go in a few weeks time. Maybe end of August.

I've looked at Emirates and can see a few offers at around $2500. Anyone know of anything better and cheaper please? Or another route & different airline around the same price. Ta Muchley
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:33 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap flights to the Uk?

That's not a bad price at all for that time of the year.

In fact, it's not actually a bad time at all. One idea (potentially) is to fly the cheapie budgets. Jetstar from Christchurch to Australia. Jetstar or Air Asia (Air Asia X) to Asia and then another cheapie from there.

Air Asia flies to Stanstead and I think it arrives around midnight.

It won't be a quick trip - there's a fair degree of fluffing around and potentially staying one or two nights in order to reduce the risk of missing a flight if something happens.

But it *could* be cheaper.

Try Royal Brunei as well. They are often a lot cheaper. Like Emirates it's a bit like being on a mail plane (stops damn near everywhere) but if it's cheap...
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:37 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Air Asia

Personally, I checked that quickly. Looks like it could be cheaper to use one of the main airlines.

Try looking at expedia. I like expedia for ideas about flight connections. Ditto with House of Travel.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

expedia have Royal Brunei auckland - heathrow for $2160... nothing close to that on Kayak...
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:21 pm
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

NZ is not an Easyjet destination from the UK so you'll struggle to find anything cheap. The Middle Eastern airlines are usually the cheapest.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:25 am
`

Originally Posted by danjones1
NZ is not an Easyjet destination from the UK so you'll struggle to find anything cheap. The Middle Eastern airlines are usually the cheapest.
Eh?

Husband will by flying NZ to the UK. We've flown back several times now, mostly using Singapore Air except for last time when I needed to get back urgently over New Year and so used Emirates.

I'm after anyone that can see a good bargain NZ to UK , not the other way around.

Thanks all for the posts. I'll have a bit more browse around the sites suggested. Seems maybe that Emirates may be the best at this time. One plus of this is that they fly into Birmingham.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
Eh?

Husband will by flying NZ to the UK. We've flown back several times now, mostly using Singapore Air except for last time when I needed to get back urgently over New Year and so used Emirates.

I'm after anyone that can see a good bargain NZ to UK , not the other way around.

Thanks all for the posts. I'll have a bit more browse around the sites suggested. Seems maybe that Emirates may be the best at this time. One plus of this is that they fly into Birmingham.
Ooooh flying into my home town what bliss!! he, he!!!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Maz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud ofMaz1 has much to be proud of

Cathay & KLM are having a sale. Once you have your price give the 'Flight Centre' a call and they will beat it. They did for us on our flight at christmas.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:16 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

We got a flight on Air NZ, return to Heathrow from Wellington, for $2200, over Christmas......3 hours before the sale closed - made my son ....and his UK based girlfriend very happy!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:53 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Eh?

You a brummy then are you??
Old Aug 4th 2009, 8:54 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
BEVS you've been told , asking stupid questions...
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:30 am
`

Originally Posted by Matewx
You a brummy then are you??
NNooo. I'm a Bournemouth girl , born and bred. Lovely, great and fun it was too. Husband is from Wolverhampton though. Never mind.

I know Even I can't magic the husband in and out of the UK from NZ using Easyjet on the cheapo with just a curly cheese sandwich to help him on his way..
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx

I you, you makes me laugh
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:49 am
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix

I you, you makes me laugh
eheh - Thanks
You make sure you vote for me to be Poster of next month!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:51 am
`

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.