Cheap Flights

Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Laloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Flights

Hi All

I'm planning on doing a recce to NZ next month and prices for flights seem very high. I've even tried to look at costs in all the months Sept. - Dec. and prices are pretty much the same. Does anyone know if there are cheaper flights available somewhere that aren't going to break the bank?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

RedSails is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Flights

Originally Posted by Laloo
Hi All

I'm planning on doing a recce to NZ next month and prices for flights seem very high. I've even tried to look at costs in all the months Sept. - Dec. and prices are pretty much the same. Does anyone know if there are cheaper flights available somewhere that aren't going to break the bank?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Laloo...you'll rarely find cheap flights but I've always found Expedia to be competitive, also you might want to try Trailfinders in the UK. I had a really good experience with their Belfast office...all the best with your recce
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Laloo, last time we went over to NZ we used Flights direct. Google them. They catered to our requirements very well.

Gary.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Laloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply guys I'll check them out.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 8:32 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

when we flew over we booked with ebookers. it ended us saving us about £1000 on the price on the Air NZ website for exactly the same flights.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

carly5511 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, not sure if i'm too late to help, but I have just booked a one-way to Auckland in August for my other half for £573. I called one2one flight on 0207 1835500.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:22 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laloo
Hi All

Thanks in advance.
What is your idea of cheap? When I first moved to NZ I would get Return flights from the UK for around GBP600 (in 2004), after I had left it was closer to GBP1,000, in the NZ Summer and Xmas expect that to be a lot higher. This is all in Economy by the way.

tht
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Hello we booked with Trailfinders and (although this isn't the route we are going) they had a deal which was around £750 return via Korea, just after summer holidays have ended. Very nice airline, family in Oz have gone that route frequently and had no problems.

Good luck
Old Jul 24th 2010, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

isheps84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

Just booked my flight through Fly Emirates. Still made me squeek a bit (£820) but still far cheaper that what i could find elsewhere. Thats a return also valid for a year.

Also maybe try Sta travel (uk) depending on your age i know they can offer discounts aslo.

Fingers crossed