Cheap Calls to NZ

Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:37 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Calls to NZ

Just thought i'd share with you all a number to get cheap call to NZ

It's called 'Phonecheap' and works out to be 1p per minute from a BT line...my mum's used it too from another provider and i think was charged the same, but can't be 100% sure on that (i think with other providers the 1p per min's the same but some charge a connection fee...not sure what providers do this or how much they charge)

We were a bit unsure to begin with so did a couple of calls and then waited for the bill to arrive and sure enough we were charged the 1p with no connection fee as we're with BT

So i pay 1p per min to NZ

the number is -

0844 861 3838

you then when they tell you to add the country code

then the number you're dialing but miss off the first 0

so if a number is for example 03 566 4444 (made up no) you will put in 3 566 4444

so all together you'll do

0844 861 3838 (wait for prompt to add rest...then add the number you want to dial...for example) 3 566 4444 followed by # (hash key)

it's really simple and cheap so you can stay on twice as long or ring more often without clock watchin

hope this helps Mandie
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cheap Calls to NZ

Originally Posted by Mandie.H

It's called 'Phonecheap' and works out to be 1p per minute from a BT line...my mum's used it too from another provider and i think was charged the same, but can't be 100% sure on that (i think with other providers the 1p per min's the same but some charge a connection fee...not sure what providers do this or how much they charge)

We were a bit unsure to begin with so did a couple of calls and then waited for the bill to arrive and sure enough we were charged the 1p with no connection fee as we're with BT

the number is -

0844 861 3838

so if a number is for example 03 566 4444 (made up no) you will put in 3 566 4444

0844 861 3838 (wait for prompt to add rest...then add the number you want to dial...for example) 3 566 4444 followed by # (hash key)

it's really simple and cheap so you can stay on twice as long or ring more often without clock watchin

hope this helps Mandie
Ive been using phonecheap for a while now to phone oz,singapore and the states, its brillant and no hassle
sharon
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:13 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

the number is -

0844 861 3838

hope this helps Mandie

Mandie

That is really good - I would suggest you also post it in the "Really Useful" thread at the top of the forum

Karma for you
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:03 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Mandie

That is really good - I would suggest you also post it in the "Really Useful" thread at the top of the forum

Karma for you
How would i go about changing it to the 'Really Useful thread'
Mandie
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:17 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandie

The "Really Useful" thread is at the top of NZ forum- just copy and paste your post here into there
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Hi ya,

An alternate one is through 0044.com telephone No. 0844 593 0044 works the same as with Mandie's but cost's 2p per min and works from any UK landline.

Adie
Old Jan 20th 2007, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

the number is -

0844 861 3838

hope this helps Mandie
Have you tried Jajah thats supposed to be free if you both sign up and its supposed to be easy to use
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:04 am
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of

If you (and the people you wish to speak to) have broadband internet you could use skype which is free to signup to and FREE to use between registered Skype users.

You can buy cordless/wireless skype phones from around £20 in the UK- which means that you don't have top be sat at your PC wearing a headset/mic to talk. You just dial the skype contact on your skype phone.

If you have wireless internet in your house you can but phones that don't even need to have the PC switched on to make calls - it just uses your wireless internet connection directly.

Once you've bought the phones (like I said, £20 upwards) all calls between skype contacts are free and the quality is good. Only downside is that you have another phone in the house - one for standard landline calling, and one for internet calls - but it's worth it for the money you'll save.

We curently use the service to talk to friends in other countries and once we move to NZ in Feb, we'll be relying on it for a free phone call to our families.

... MIND YOU

I have just been using the JAJAH service and I have to say it pretty cool. As long as you don't use the service for more than 5 hours a week it is completely free between registered users. No software, no additional phones. Now THAT'S clever. Look HERE

Last edited by Jules & Danny; Jan 20th 2007 at 12:01 pm. Reason: Because I posted before I researched... typical!!