Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Chch October picnic?

Chch October picnic?

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of
Default Chch October picnic?

Hiya,

My husband and I are very keen to start making some buddies over here .. so to start to ball rolling, would any of you be interested in maybe a picnic / bbq, one weekend later in Oct?

25th/26th perhaps to give us a few weeks to get organised, and to get a few people interested?

Lou
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:38 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chch October picnic?

Sounds groovy! I have no idea what we are doing then, but will say that T and I would be up for it.

Any locations you fancy? Off the top of my head there's a BBQ area in Hagley Park South, same in Sumner domain, same in North New Brighton I think (anyone brave enough for the first swim of the year?!! ). Not that it has to be BBQ, but they fun all the same!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

I shall bow to others superior knowledge of the area, as we are yet to explore any parks other than the Groynes.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
we'd be interested (me, hubby & 2) - groynes is good, spencer park has bbq plus minigolf plus other stuff, Victoria Park (not sure if they've got bbq's and could be windy)
i'm sure others will make suggestions too
Cheers
Vicki
Old Sep 29th 2008, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Al Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really nice

Sounds good to us, clive, myself and the kids would be keen too. The Halswell Quarry is always a great one for a barbie party.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

alice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nicealice goodwin is just really nice

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou
Hiya,

My husband and I are very keen to start making some buddies over here .. so to start to ball rolling, would any of you be interested in maybe a picnic / bbq, one weekend later in Oct?

25th/26th perhaps to give us a few weeks to get organised, and to get a few people interested?

Lou
Hi Lou ! We are landing in Christchurch on 25th oct. We will be traveling around NZ on holiday ( with the view to moving there) Because my hubby is toooo sensible to up sticks to a country he's never been to.
Any way - would we be welcome at the BBQ , even though we are not residents yet ?
Will kids be welcome ( Got 10 + 14 year old )
Love Alice xxxx
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

The more the merrier .. come and join in. We've only been here a few weeks too ... and of course your children will be welcome - will have our two children with us - 4yrs and 2yrs.

BTW - NZ is so much better for children particularly younger ones. We went to a shopping mall only at the weekend - to find in amongst the shops was an inside playground!! Absolutely fab - so we grabbed a coffee, and kids played for 15mins or so :-) Just 1 example, of how children are accepted, and not scorned upon for making too much noise etc.

See you soon,

Lou
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Al Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really niceAl Nic is just really nice

Hi Lou
Was that South city????
So which part of town are you in?
We are in Cashmere. We have a 4, 6 and 8 yr old so all go. Yep the life style is so nice here with so much fun to be had. You wait till Christmas its great as there are loads of concerts and plays in the open air. We sat in the Daffodil garden in Hagley and watched the history of NZ abridged ......all free
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I think that was it - South City .. just off the bottom of Columbo Street?

We are living in Waikuku beach at the mo - and for at least the next 6 months and then hope to find somewhere of our own to buy.

Lou
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Chch October picnic?

Now dont you all forget to go to Christmas in the Park its such an awesome event i have been the once but sadly i dont live there any longer..... Think its late Nov sometime but dates may have changed since i went.....
Cheers
Cally
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:11 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks. As the date approaches, any further ideas on a location and time? We're looking forward to it!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Don't mind .. but we do need a way of identifying one another as we discovered at another "forum" meet!

Anywhere other than the groynes is good with us .. not that we dont' like the groynes, but fancy some new territory,

Lou
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:03 am

<GAH! - must resist groin/ groyne pun>

Well as we are child free, I'll leave it to those with the wee darlings to suggest kiddy friendly places. Otherwise it'll end up a pub crawl

See you all soon!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Belinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant futureBelinda Kemp has a brilliant future

Hey I would love to come - I have a 15 1/2 yr old - what is the date? where? and what do we bring? I am from Brighton/Hove UK and been here for a year and a half.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
<GAH! - must resist groin/ groyne pun>

Well as we are child free, I'll leave it to those with the wee darlings to suggest kiddy friendly places. Otherwise it'll end up a pub crawl

See you all soon!
You see now pub crawl.. there is an idea ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.