Chch meet up..?

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Chch meet up..?

Hello all, I haven't been around for a while and still not bumped into any of you good people yet, so when's the next Chch meet up planned for?..Or is there not one planned yet ?

Gary.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 7:51 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chch meet up..?

Hi Wessa, long time no see!
How's life?
No Chch meetups happening at the moment, we should get one planned; it's been a while
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Chalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wessa
Hello all, I haven't been around for a while and still not bumped into any of you good people yet, so when's the next Chch meet up planned for?..Or is there not one planned yet ?

Gary.
We're keen! Haven't met many people since we moved to Chch last year. Oh, and the OH is keen to talk about Z1000's and is also an Essex boy
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:32 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

I'm down in Christchurch next month for a few days!
Old Oct 6th 2012, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Subject to talking to the other half I wonder if an expat BBQ might be looming at ours ??? As we've done it before.......

Only if you like LOTS of dogs though

Jan
Old Oct 7th 2012, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Hinesh will become famous soon enoughHinesh will become famous soon enough

Jan n Neil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good!! I've just moved to Chch three weeks ago...... and would deffo love a good meet up as i'm yet to meet anybody!

Keep me informed please!
Old Oct 7th 2012, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Chalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant futureChalkygirl has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Only if you like LOTS of dogs though

Jan
Sounds great, have 4 mutts ourself, are they invited too?
Old Oct 8th 2012, 9:09 am
Confused but Alive

tattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud of

I love the sound of this. Getting a bit lonely now and I think the OH would like to some more people. Please if anyone has ideas....
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Pomwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Would defo be up for meeting other expats (or just other people full stop!). Would kids be allowed? We have a 1 year old who loves dogs, only words he can say is dada and woof woof!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

pick a date and if we get more than 10 confirmed we will do a bbq

Neil
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
pick a date and if we get more than 10 confirmed we will do a bbq

Neil
Absolutely, Saturdays are best please. Sorry, feel we need to say no dogs, as two of ours have very slight "issues" with each other occasionally (one has put the other in the vets surgery before now) and in the excitement of other doggie visitors and BBQ it's a bit hard to police.

Jan

PS that came across a bit stuck up I didn't mean to

PPS we have five dogs ranging from aged about 16 years to 12 months old

Last edited by Jan n Neil; Oct 16th 2012 at 7:12 am.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

yick pie eater is an unknown quantity at this point

Been offered a job in Christchurch, what do you guys think of it post quake etc?

I was there in 2006 on my OE and thought it was a really nice city.

Lived and worked in Palmerston North in 2009 before coming back to the UK to do an MA in Manchester.

Think the job is based in Hornby.

Any advice appreciated.

Have a good day
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yick pie eater
Been offered a job in Christchurch, what do you guys think of it post quake etc?

I was there in 2006 on my OE and thought it was a really nice city.

Lived and worked in Palmerston North in 2009 before coming back to the UK to do an MA in Manchester.

Think the job is based in Hornby.

Any advice appreciated.

Have a good day
We love it here. My OH and eldest son have been here since Oct 2010, so have experienced both pre and post Feb 2011 quake. I was here for the Dec 2011 quake. No, they are not nice and yes we lost power and water after the Dec one but just for a couple of hours. The shops all reopened the next day and it was business as usual.
Hornby is quite an industrial area, although there is also the Hub Hornby for shopping http://www.thehubhornby.co.nz/.
There are bars, restaurants, sports, open spaces, gyms, swimming pools all available. It is a work in progress though and it is not the City you visited in 2006.
Take a look at trademe for rentals to give you an idea what's on offer. You can also look at the Countdown site for current food prices.
Take a look at the Christchurch thread on here for lots more information.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Chalkygirl
We're keen! Haven't met many people since we moved to Chch last year. Oh, and the OH is keen to talk about Z1000's and is also an Essex boy
We're best mates already then.

So, Persephone, yeah, long time no see hear etc.. Been busy.

Neil, we never did meet eh. I was in Governors Bay saturday..

A BBQ sounds good to me.. Il bring my kiwi girlfriend then.. That's another story..

So 10 is the magic number people.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

So,we have missed the summer BBQ then ! lol..

Anyone want to call a date, time and place?..

Come on Cantabrians.. We best get out before we are flooded by bloody immagrants in the bars...lol.

Gary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.