British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   chch - july meet up - newbies / oldies / anyone!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/chch-july-meet-up-newbies-oldies-anyone-530918/)

Joshlin Apr 21st 2008 7:40 am

chch - july meet up - newbies / oldies / anyone!!

there's a few newbies coming to chch in June - happy to host an open house beg July - who's in? old soldiers welcome too!!!!!

how about: sat 5th july - 2pm at ours (we're in halswell) - pm me for details and to give me an idea of numbers

Vicki, Lee, Josh (6) & Caitlin (3) - been here for nearly 3 years and loving it.

kiwipom Apr 22nd 2008 7:38 am

Re: chch - july meet up - newbies / oldies / anyone!!

What a great idea. Will be nice to see everyone again and meet the new faces. I'm in.
Nessie

desert bloom Apr 22nd 2008 7:58 am

Originally Posted by kiwipom (Post 6246452)
What a great idea. Will be nice to see everyone again and meet the new faces. I'm in.
Nessie

We're in too...that will be 2 of us:D

alanmacc Apr 22nd 2008 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Joshlin (Post 6241137)
there's a few newbies coming to chch in June - happy to host an open house beg July - who's in? old soldiers welcome too!!!!!

how about: sat 5th july - 2pm at ours (we're in halswell) - pm me for details and to give me an idea of numbers

Vicki, Lee, Josh (6) & Caitlin (3) - been here for nearly 3 years and loving it.

Remember and move all breakables out of the road !!!!!!!!! lol

Joshlin Apr 22nd 2008 11:24 pm

Have pm'd address to those that have indicated so far - anymore?
Cheers
Vicki

newtothis Apr 26th 2008 7:19 pm

sounds lovely! there'd be 3 of us (me & 2 kiddies, hubby at work)
would need some serious reminding though as got a kabillion things to try remember before then - packers, shippers, flights, blah blah....;)

Joshlin Apr 26th 2008 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by newtothis (Post 6269484)
sounds lovely! there'd be 3 of us (me & 2 kiddies, hubby at work)
would need some serious reminding though as got a kabillion things to try remember before then - packers, shippers, flights, blah blah....;)

will do a general reminder in June so no probs there - be good to meet you, safe journey!
Vicki

Dustybin Apr 27th 2008 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Joshlin (Post 6269764)
will do a general reminder in June so no probs there - be good to meet you, safe journey!
Vicki

See you then, well if I remember that is!

Wiz'n'Ton Apr 28th 2008 9:42 am

Yeah - you can count us seasoned veterans (!!!!) in. Always up for a Mad Butcher (he's mad ya know?!) BBQ fest courtesy of you guys :)

Reminders always a good idea tho' - it's a long way away

Wizzle and the Tonster

TonyN Jun 20th 2008 10:45 pm

1st post, so here goes (someone correct me if im doing this wrong!...) I am as it were a newbie.. makes me sound young again (sigh) I'm on my own so far, wife and son(7) arrive at end on June so would like to come along, please advise on what to bring besides ourselves that is..

Joshlin Jun 24th 2008 8:18 am

Hi All
Gentle reminder - gathering at ours Sat 5th July at 2pm - bring a plate (with food on it!!) & something to drink - if you haven't got the address yet let me know and i'll pm you - we have 2 kids (6&4) and plenty of toys / space so all welcome.

previously said they were coming:
Kiwipom (Nessie) x 1
Desert bloom x 2
alanmacc x 3
newtothis x 3
dustybin x ?
wiz'n'ton x 2
tonyn x 3

any changes /any more??
Cheers
Vicki & Lee

TeamEmbo Jun 24th 2008 9:49 am

Just sent you a pm :)

Joshlin Jun 24th 2008 11:15 pm

Re: chch - july 5th meet up - FOOD thoughts!

For guidance re: food.
Given the weather we won't do a BBQ, but we'll provide some hot food such as chicken nibblies / pizza / sausages/ pasta etc if others want to bring finger food that we can put out and people can dip in and out of as they want to - breads, dips, crisps (chips!), fruit, crackers, sandwiches, salads, DESERTS (hint hint) etc etc etc - you get my drift - hopefully:D

looking forward to seeing everyone
Lee & Vicki

Al Nic Jul 1st 2008 6:07 am

Hi
We came out in November 07. We would love to meet some new people. We lived here for 4 years and then returned to the UK for 5 years before coming back. I have always found it hard to make close friends here. I am not sure it its a cultural thing or just me!:confused: I am at the feeling lonely stage now and when I need a friend they are all asleep in England!
We have 3 children aged 4, 6 and 8 years.
Would love to come to your do.
We're all vege, would that be a problem?
Thanks
Al

Joshlin Jul 1st 2008 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Al Nic (Post 6521419)
Hi
We came out in November 07. We would love to meet some new people. We lived here for 4 years and then returned to the UK for 5 years before coming back. I have always found it hard to make close friends here. I am not sure it its a cultural thing or just me!:confused: I am at the feeling lonely stage now and when I need a friend they are all asleep in England!
We have 3 children aged 4, 6 and 8 years.
Would love to come to your do.
We're all vege, would that be a problem?
Thanks
Al

I'm sure we can cater for vege's!
you're more than welcome, be great to meet you - we have a 4yr and 6yr old so your children will fit in well.
bring along some food - we'll do some hot stuff.
will pm the address - any time from 2pm onwards
Cheers
Vicki