ChCh districts

Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ChCh districts

Originally Posted by alanbos66
We have looked at New Brighton and really like the idea of living that close to the beach. Anglesey was good for some things eh Iggy!
No it wasn't, it was full of them Welsh people and a nuclear power station.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:59 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple13
This is a very sarcy post - I love living on this side of town, it is just great
Apple. Glad to hear it's a place you like. It certainly wasn't on my or my friends radar as a suburb we'd choose a few years back.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:07 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
For the life of me I could never get my head round why the prices were so cheap there. Looked nice to me, good chipy as well and the best "flying fox" in the area

Ian
North NB and South New Brighton are nicer areas IMO, and you will find that they are a bit more pricey. New Brighton is good for shopping but the two hotels there have along history of violence and shoddy characters associated with them. The lounge Bar of the NB Tavern is okay to good. The public bar and the Esplanade hotel across the road are not places I'd recommend patronising. Similar story with the Aranui hotel, lounge bar is okay, public bar can be rough.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:14 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by alanbos66
We have looked at New Brighton and really like the idea of living that close to the beach.
My recommendation would be to choose North New Brighton or South New Brighton. You would still be close enough to take advantage of New Brighton beach and shopping area.

Avoid the public bars of New Brighton Hotel, Esplanade Hotel and Aranui Hotel. Less problems tend to be encountered in the lounge bars, which often have a band in the evening on busier nights.

Christchurch is small enough that you can live anywhere in it and easily take a day trip (even on public transport) to the popular beaches

Last edited by kiwi_child; Jun 28th 2007 at 7:18 am.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Apple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
My recommendation would be to choose North New Brighton or South New Brighton. You would still be close enough to take advantage of New Brighton beach and shopping area.

Avoid the public bars of New Brighton Hotel, Esplanade Hotel and Aranui Hotel. Less problems tend to be encountered in the lounge bars, which often have a band in the evening on busier nights.

Christchurch is small enough that you can live anywhere in it and easily take a day trip (even on public transport) to the popular beaches
When were you last living in ChCh Kiwichild? Not a nasty question, just genuniely interested.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:41 pm
back in NZ and lovin it

kerryp is an unknown quantity at this point

come to Sumner, we have been here for 8 months now and are loving it, it has a bit more of a community feel than other areas, thats what we thought anyway!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:02 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kerryp
come to Sumner, we have been here for 8 months now and are loving it, it has a bit more of a community feel than other areas, thats what we thought anyway!!
Sumner is nice, I agree.

Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

What other places are there within a 30 minute commute that are worth looking at?!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:33 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
What other places are there within a 30 minute commute that are worth looking at?!
If you are willing to do a 30 minute commute (by car I assume) I'd think you'd be out in the countryside somewhere. Remember, Christchurch is not that big a city.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Was just wondering what areas offer good value for money! I'm assuming that the further away from the city you are, the lower the prices go!

Saying that, I wouldn't want to be isolated and being nearish to a beach would be a bonus!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:27 pm

Was just wondering what areas offer good value for money! I'm assuming that the further away from the city you are, the lower the prices go!
Yes and no. Depends really on what you are looking for.

Saying that, I wouldn't want to be isolated and being nearish to a beach would be a bonus!
Your best bet if you decide on Christchurch is to rent first and get yourself settled. Then as you become more familiar with what is available I'm sure you'll be able to find that what you want.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Rangiora and as a town we could not fault it.

Great local as well, here a picture

Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I had noticed that you get better value in Rangiora!

What other amenities are there? Is it a good place to bring up children? How far from the coast are you?

Sorry, lots of questions I know!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

How far from the coast are you?

Sorry, lots of questions I know!
15 seconds but we now live in Brisbane

Rangiora is a small town 30 mins away from ChCh it has everything you want and there is no need to go to ChCh to go shopping.

Can't comment on schools because our 2 are 2 + 5 but kindy on King Street was bloody good.

House wise we bought this for $360K and sold it in March for $430 crackin house!

Heres some of the high street bloody clean is'nt it, and the photo of the temp clock was taken at 11am (one of the reasons why we moved)

Hope this helps

Ian
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the help Ian!

We haven't been to NZ yet, but are trying to narrow down the areas we look at, which is blooming hard as there are some lovely places!

Hubby is a carpenter, so work shouldn't be a problem, just finding our where to start!

Rangiora seems good value for money, you seem to get a decent sized garden compared to some areas we have looked at.

We quite liked the look of this one!

http://www.allrealestate.co.nz/cgi-b...&tm=1184273046

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.