Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Chch /Canterbury :Ponyclub , Dance Academy and Secondary School:suggestions?

Chch /Canterbury :Ponyclub , Dance Academy and Secondary School:suggestions?

Old Jan 10th 2012, 11:23 am
Just Joined

104daysummervacation is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Chch /Canterbury :Ponyclub , Dance Academy and Secondary School:suggestions?

Greetings Kiwis and Poms !
My name is Malin and I am a Swede by birth,a Pom by residence and an Ozzie by marriage and soon a Kiwi by immigration.

Our teenage daughter one is pony mad and one is an accomplished dancer ,my husband is a construction project manager,I am a doctor.

Work will be taking us to Chch and we are all excited to be part of a positive regeneration.
The girls see it as a big adventure,Megan is due a bigger pony anyway (we will not be transporting the 12 h Welsh pony ).
We only need a small house (or a mobile home) with a couple of acres grazing close to one of the many ponyclub branches.
Rose will be doing her GCSEs this summer ,she would then have started(pending aptidude test) dance college, wheter she would continue studying 2 more years instead and go to university or find a similar dance college or work we are not sure about.
Megan would do the eqivalent of GCSE in 2 years time,maybe equestrian or landbased studies but also good at sciences.
I have looked at Rangiora HIgh School for Megan,seems to tick all the boxes.

We will be very flexible and totally open to any suggestions.Tim will however need to travel to earthquake regeneration zone and not wanting to commute more than 45 minutes each way.

Cheerio for now
104daysummervacation
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chch /Canterbury :Ponyclub , Dance Academy and Secondary School:suggestions?

Originally Posted by 104daysummervacation
Greetings Kiwis and Poms !
My name is Malin and I am a Swede by birth,a Pom by residence and an Ozzie by marriage and soon a Kiwi by immigration.

Our teenage daughter one is pony mad and one is an accomplished dancer ,my husband is a construction project manager,I am a doctor.

Work will be taking us to Chch and we are all excited to be part of a positive regeneration.
The girls see it as a big adventure,Megan is due a bigger pony anyway (we will not be transporting the 12 h Welsh pony ).
We only need a small house (or a mobile home) with a couple of acres grazing close to one of the many ponyclub branches.
Rose will be doing her GCSEs this summer ,she would then have started(pending aptidude test) dance college, wheter she would continue studying 2 more years instead and go to university or find a similar dance college or work we are not sure about.
Megan would do the eqivalent of GCSE in 2 years time,maybe equestrian or landbased studies but also good at sciences.
I have looked at Rangiora HIgh School for Megan,seems to tick all the boxes.

We will be very flexible and totally open to any suggestions.Tim will however need to travel to earthquake regeneration zone and not wanting to commute more than 45 minutes each way.

Cheerio for now
104daysummervacation
Welcome to BE & our NZ forums in particular. We live on the north island so I am unable to give you any help about Christchurch, it's surrounding areas & I know nothing about ponies.

However your daughter maybe interested in http://www.nzschoolofdance.ac.nz/index.html & http://http://www.danz.org.nz/ . What sort of dance school was she looking to go to in the UK?

Good luck with all your plans
Old Jan 12th 2012, 9:44 am
Just Joined

104daysummervacation is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chch /Canterbury :Ponyclub , Dance Academy and Secondary School:suggestions?

Kia ora Vitalstatistix , Thank you for your kind welcome and useful links.With a bit more research it transpires that Hagley School with their dancecompany would be exactly what Rose would be looking for.It even gives the flexibility of a one and a two year course. The school is obviously innovative and very nurturing and the dance company seems very impressive indeed.
Rose's medium /short term goal is to get on to the Cruise Ship circuit as shoon as she is 18 .I in the UK it would be Birmingham Ormiston Academy which is going into its second year and is getting hugely oversubscribed,if she has a sucessful aptitude test she has to decide whether to stay with family or move with us.

Please may I also say how very useful I have found the forum for other information such as shipping,pet shipping,insurance and suggestions of useful information resources in general.I cannot imagine how hard all of this would have been pre internet days!
Old Jan 12th 2012, 9:58 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hejsan!

My wife comes from Eskilstuna and is horse mad as well. Just wanted to say hello and good luck with the move.