Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Charges for GP visits

Wikiposts

Charges for GP visits

Old May 23rd 2012, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charges for GP visits

Originally Posted by nero
Here is a link to the Auckland DHB and all of the GPs in there area listing all of the fees for the different GPS. If you search on the web or go to your local PHO website you can access the fees for all of your GPs in your area. These fees are for registered patients as you can see there is a quite a range in costs and this is true right across the country.
Oops forgot the link - here goes

http://www.adhb.govt.nz/PHO/Patient%20Fees.htm
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:43 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
A few years ago I had a bit of a health concern, and at that time had no income, no WINZ support, and no support from the "health service" in NZ.....
...... Why then don't they publish the figures for those who can't afford to go to the doctors!
Bearing in mind that you're not entitled to support for the first two years as a migrant, what were you entitled to?
Plenty of people in many, many countries complain about immigrants draining the system. You wouldn't want to be a drain now would you?
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all

In Mission Bay/ Kohimarama (Auckland) we pay $52 for me & $48 for hubby both Super Gold card members but he pays less because of health condition. Repeat prescription is $20

We used to only pay $10 at GP practice in Glen Innes but they are overloaded & found we did not get the care, & at our age cannot stint on health.
Old May 24th 2012, 7:29 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Bearing in mind that you're not entitled to support for the first two years as a migrant, what were you entitled to?
Plenty of people in many, many countries complain about immigrants draining the system. You wouldn't want to be a drain now would you?
I didn't know that

Still doesn't stop me thinking that when compared to the national health system the NZ system is totally un-compassionate and totally based on pay=service, no pay=no service
Old May 24th 2012, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Charges for GP visits

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
I don't think that's quite right. I work for one of the DHB's here and part of my job is dealing with ACC claims so with that I come across questions of eligibility.

Some extracted information from our intranet for staff to identify who is available for public funded health services:

New Zealand Residence Class Visa Holders
People who hold residence class visas are eligible for the full range of publicly funded health and disability services.

NB: Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents are automatically issued resident visas on arrival in NZ, but their eligibility is dealt with in two sections below (i.e. Full or limited eligibility)

Proof of Eligibility

Passport with resident visa OR

Passport with permanent resident visa OR

Social security benefit papers (except emergency benefit) AND two forms of supporting identity information, one with a photo (unless main proof is passport).

If they became residents before December 2010, they will hold a residence permit. This is now called a residence class visa.

Work visa holders in New Zealand for two years or more

A work visa holder whose visa or visas allow them to stay in New Zealand for at least two consecutive years is eligible for the full range of publicly funded health and disability services.

Proof
A current work visa that allows for a total continuous stay of at least 2 years OR

A current work visa and other visa/permit held immediately prior that allows a consecutive 24 month stay.

NB: if their visa was issued before December 2010, it will be called a work permit.

Interim visa holder
An interim visa holder who was eligible immediately before their interim visa started is eligible for publicly funded health and disability services.

proof
Interim visa letter plus evidence of eligibility before the interim visa (e.g. a letter from Immigration NZ with information on visas held prior to the interim visa, including time spent outside NZ).

NB: An assessment of former eligibility will need to be made.

As soon as you are eligible for publicly funding services you can access the hospital and GP system like any other kiwi.

ACC is different and is available for all whether a tourist or a citizen if the accident happened in NZ. If the accident happened abroad, you may still be covered under ACC if you are a kiwi citizen.
Old May 24th 2012, 11:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

OH pays $36
Me = free (have to keep telling my GP off for not charging me!). I love her
Old May 24th 2012, 12:10 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
OH pays $36
Me = free (have to keep telling my GP off for not charging me!). I love her
Have you got photos so sumthing
Old May 24th 2012, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got photos so sumthing
She's a friend too & I go quite a way to see her. I wasn't happy with my two previous GP's, too 'old school' for me. My new GP is British-trained & young, so rather more up-to-date.

Sorry that it isn't anything nefarious
Old May 24th 2012, 12:32 pm
Who loves you, baby?

awww, come on, don't spoil it for me, I have so little fun!

Last edited by sparkie down under; May 24th 2012 at 12:41 pm.
Old May 24th 2012, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

awww, come on, don't spoil it for me, I have so fun!
Okay I lied, I have photos & tape recordings .

Actually, I do have something on my old UK gynaecologist (nothing smutty) but he was nice as pie to me when I worked with him.
Old May 24th 2012, 12:43 pm
Who loves you, baby?

Actually, I am an amateur gynaecologist !
No experience, but I'll have a look at it for you
Old May 24th 2012, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Actually, I am an amateur gynaecologist !
No experience, but I'll have a look at it for you
How kind