Reload this Page >

Chance of being accepted with a job offer

Chance of being accepted with a job offer

Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:54 am
Just Joined

david & kerry is on a distinguished road
Question Chance of being accepted with a job offer

Hi there

we have started the process to go to NZ have 110 on EOI and I am looking at flying to NZ for interviews early next year as looking at moving over sep 08 with sons doing A levels, GCSE and one finishes juniors so a great time for us.

I work for Very large retail company selling top quality food and clothing as a commercial manager during the afternoon and run the store late night and have been told that I should not have a problem getting a job offer with my retail experience. Previous to that I worked in the travel indusdtry and worked up to a regional manager.

Although I am not on the skills shortage list does anyone out there agree with the advice we have been given.

Also where is the best place to live? Looking at Wellington but told very windy or Christchurch. We want to be close to the coast with some good beaches and where property prices are reasonable.

Many thanks

David
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:26 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Chance of being accepted with a job offer

Originally Posted by david & kerry
Hi there

we have started the process to go to NZ have 110 on EOI and I am looking at flying to NZ for interviews early next year as looking at moving over sep 08 with sons doing A levels, GCSE and one finishes juniors so a great time for us.
Howzit David &`Co. That's an excellent idea about coming over for interviews.

I work for Very large retail company selling top quality food and clothing as a commercial manager during the afternoon and run the store late night and have been told that I should not have a problem getting a job offer with my retail experience. Previous to that I worked in the travel industry and worked up to a regional manager.

Although I am not on the skills shortage list does anyone out there agree with the advice we have been given.
Large, as in very with a capital V, eh?. It might be possible if you can convince NZIS that it is a skilled position.

Also where is the best place to live? Looking at Wellington but told very windy or Christchurch. We want to be close to the coast with some good beaches and where property prices are reasonable.

Many thanks

David
The best place to live, hmmm, that's hard to say. That's very subjective. A lot will depend on where you are employed, or if self-employed, where you do business. Since New Zealand is surrounded by water you are never really that far from the sea.
Christchurch has beaches, but they certainly are not white powdery tropical beaches. The water is tit freezing as well. But still, pretty damn scenic overall.

Good luck, and if you have any questions about moving down here, don't hesitate to post your Qs here on the site.