Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Central heating help - where can I find...

Central heating help - where can I find...

Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nice
Default Central heating help - where can I find...

... these?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C14418551.htm

We have moved to a rental with CENTRAL HEATING!!!!!! Absolute heaven . But those little rails that fit over radiators that are everywhere in the UK are nowhere to be found in Invercargill - of course, because no one else has CENTRAL HEATING!!!!!!

We have asked in Warehouse and Mitre 10, got VERY funny looks, and left none the wiser. I am considering asking my Mum to buy a set of four from Argos for £4.99 and sending them to me at a cost of £a lot more

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. My workmates just don't get how excited I was about moving to a house with all the rooms warm enough to use - lots more blank looks, followed by "Wow, that's a great idea" or "Why?"
Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:56 am

pestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Central heating help - where can I find...

not being funny here but having seen what it is you want why not make your own!

just looks like two 90 bends with hook on one end and two straight bits across. mitre ten would have some rods and fittings you could put together.

come on now this is NZ the land of the DIY!

HAVE A GO!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

you've got absolutely no chance of finding them in NZ
they are designed for use on RADIATORS and i'm afraid those systems
are few and far between here in nz.
Even soft brits like my shy away from the ridiculous prices quoted to
have it fitted.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pinkkat75 View Post
... these?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C14418551.htm

We have moved to a rental with CENTRAL HEATING!!!!!! Absolute heaven . But those little rails that fit over radiators that are everywhere in the UK are nowhere to be found in Invercargill - of course, because no one else has CENTRAL HEATING!!!!!!

We have asked in Warehouse and Mitre 10, got VERY funny looks, and left none the wiser. I am considering asking my Mum to buy a set of four from Argos for £4.99 and sending them to me at a cost of £a lot more

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. My workmates just don't get how excited I was about moving to a house with all the rooms warm enough to use - lots more blank looks, followed by "Wow, that's a great idea" or "Why?"
wow, very jealous! How did you find somewhere with central heating?! Havn't seen any radiator thingies, too busy looking for dehumidifiers on trademe, for our damp, freezing cold house!!

enjoy the warmth!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

In NZ the equivalent is a heated towel rail
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:20 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

Here you go, three for a tenner including shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPII.dl...m=130377612033

There are probably others, search on http://global.ebay.com
Old Jun 6th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Pinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
Here you go, three for a tenner including shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPII.dl...m=130377612033

There are probably others, search on http://global.ebay.com
That's great, thanks