Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Central Heating going in at last

Central Heating going in at last

Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Heating going in at last

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'll take the pizza, wine and radiators, is it all served by an attractive Itallion Stallion??
Do you mean Sly by any chance?????

If so, hands off his mine.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:30 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kato33
Do you mean Sly by any chance?????

If so, hands off his mine.
OK. time out....have you been on the whiskey again and got boggles on...i mean Slycarry on talk like this and i may need to rethink a meet up
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:10 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

You lucky beggers having CH. One thing I miss is walking around the house with an even temperature in each room and getting up in the morning to a nice warm bathroom!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it will be nice. I think it might feel a bit odd to start with as we've got used to some of the rooms being so cold now. Not as cold as the house we rented though....certain rooms of that house we unusable in the winter as they were so cold.

A few teething problems today with the work thats happening. Will update later.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 5:34 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't tell you how jealous I am of you, as I sit here wheezing. Will you be doing guided tours once it's fully installed? Maybe the Italian Stallion could do them prior to serving the meal
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

haha... An English friend was round here the other day and she saw a radiator on the wall... I asked if it looked weird and she said no it looks wonderful!

Update on the Central Heating installation.... well, its still going in. I will tell all when its finished....if it ever flippin gets done!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie
OK. time out....have you been on the whiskey again and got boggles on...i mean Slycarry on talk like this and i may need to rethink a meet up
I have an affection for him only my husband could know about.............if you know what I mean

Sly is THE man of my dreams..............anyone out there who may look remotely like him???????

If so........send him to ME
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Our quote for central heating was $11,000,so we're stuck with setting fire to roadkill on the carpet!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

My 8yo was 4 when we emigrated and just yesterday he asked us where the scar over his eye came from.

We told him that he'd fallen against a radiator when he was 18 months old and cut his eyebrow.

"What's a radiator?" was his reply We've totally kiwi-ised our child!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dlmckay
My 8yo was 4 when we emigrated and just yesterday he asked us where the scar over his eye came from.

We told him that he'd fallen against a radiator when he was 18 months old and cut his eyebrow.

"What's a radiator?" was his reply We've totally kiwi-ised our child!
lol... I think we must be freaks getting central heating up in Auckland.... it was so warm today. Seeing all the ugly copper pipes everywhere will take some getting used to. The plumber said today that he will be glad when this job is finished...I asked why and he said hes had enough of the copper pipes as usually he works with plastic. But its been a good experience for the young lad working with him.... not a job they do that often.

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel... they worked really hard today and have only 2 bits left to finish. So maybe by the middle of next week we might be able to try it!

For all you missing the old CH this is a reminder of what a small radiator looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Central Heating going in at last-img_0991%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by SarahB; Jul 27th 2007 at 9:09 am.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:50 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

'tis a thing of great beauty
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
'tis a thing of great beauty
LOL!! It will be if it works!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

It works! We tried it today and the boiler and the radiator all work fine. Now we need some cold weather to be able to use it!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:07 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Now we need some cold weather to be able to use it!
Be careful what you wish for - you might just get it!!
Good to hear it seems to have gone according to plan - now if you could just commission a Tesco supermarket to be built in your garden, life would be complete eh?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karonious
Be careful what you wish for - you might just get it!!
Good to hear it seems to have gone according to plan - now if you could just commission a Tesco supermarket to be built in your garden, life would be complete eh?
You'd all be in my garden then!

A Next and a Lush shop at Botany would be good too!

The radiators have just come on.... so it must be getting a bit cooler now.

At one point last week I despaired of it ever getting finished but thats a long story and in the end the company came through good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.