Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Celebrate Good Times ...

Celebrate Good Times ...

Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Celebrate Good Times ...

... we won a heater on TradeMe!!!! Yay!!! I will be warm again?! We're having a G&T (in the absence of anything else in the fridge) anyone care to join us? We're thinking of waking the kids to join us in our good news!!

I've never won anything before, except a bottle of Asti Spumante in the Spastic Society's shop raffle!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Celebrate Good Times ...

Congratulations!!!!
I've got a chap coming to give us a quote for central heating on Monday - Danny keeps telling me we have no money for this but until I get the quote I can dream!!!!

PS - Danny did tell me we had enough money for him to go on a lads night out in Welly on Saturday - he then fell asleep on the loo, got left behind by his "friends" and had to pay $75 to get taxi home, never mind how much he spent on ale. Danny can't understand why I didn't speak to him for 2 days
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by donnaf
Congratulations!!!!
I've got a chap coming to give us a quote for central heating on Monday - Danny keeps telling me we have no money for this but until I get the quote I can dream!!!!

PS - Danny did tell me we had enough money for him to go on a lads night out in Welly on Saturday - he then fell asleep on the loo, got left behind by his "friends" and had to pay $75 to get taxi home, never mind how much he spent on ale. Danny can't understand why I didn't speak to him for 2 days
My dear husband read this and said, "why, what had he done wrong?!"

We have friends coming round Friday nite who've just had quotes for heat pumps so we're going to interrogate them!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:56 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

We have friends coming round Friday nite who've just had quotes for heat pumps so we're going to interrogate them!
Do it, do it now! Worry about how to pay for it some other time but if you value your sanity, GET THE HEATING!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by karonious
Do it, do it now! Worry about how to pay for it some other time but if you value your sanity, GET THE HEATING!!
Said to Hubby this morning "I can't suffer in silence any longer, please go out today and buy some form of heating."

His reply?

"You have never suffered in silence darling ...?"
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Typical man - oh yes, he also spent $100 on new footie boots the day before + $75 taxi + $30 on food + $20 on mini bus into welly and that's before a drink or kebab passed his lips. I went out with the girls and spent less than $50, yes I am a light weight!

Karonious has a heat pump, she seems happy with it - we had a quote for heat pump and ventilation which came to a total of 6K - I did want one in just about every room though! We'll def have something before next winter. Off to bed now to warm my toes - night night x
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by donnaf
Typical man - oh yes, he also spent $100 on new footie boots the day before + $75 taxi + $30 on food + $20 on mini bus into welly and that's before a drink or kebab passed his lips. I went out with the girls and spent less than $50, yes I am a light weight!

Karonious has a heat pump, she seems happy with it - we had a quote for heat pump and ventilation which came to a total of 6K - I did want one in just aboutevery room though! We'll def have something before next winter. Off to bed now to warm my toes - night night x
This may help, from Hubby!

http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.asp...culator&bhcp=1
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:46 am
Just Joined

GailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really niceGailJarvis is just really nice

I am in a time warp.....

Never been this cold since I was living at home with my mum and dad. Our house only had gas fires in the living rooms. Used to wake up, ice on the windows, run downstairs and get dressed in front of the fire, those were the days. No ice on the windows here but its cold if I can see my breath when I am breathing.....oh joy. We have a calor gas heater but as we are in a rental we can't really do much else. When we buy I am having, central and under floor heating with double glazing........

Gail