British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   CeBIT EXPO - HANOVER (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cebit-expo-hanover-518188/)

Yogi Bear Feb 29th 2008 7:05 pm

CeBIT EXPO - HANOVER

Hi everyone,

Is anyone going to the expo in Hanover in Germany 04 - 09 Mar. I have booked my flight and got my entrance ticket.

Here is the email I received:

Thanks for your continued interest in working and living in New Zealand. We're pleased to personally invite you to stop by and see us at our stand at CeBIT. We'll be there for all 6 days of the Hannover event, 4-9 March, and hope we can meet.

CeBIT is the world's largest trade fair for digital solutions - and as such we'll be looking for interested IT professionals across a broad range of job functions who may be keen in exploring the opportunities in our fair land.

If you can make the time to come and chat with us, we'll be sure to introduce you to key people from Hudson Recruitment who have made the trip to Germany to tell you about specific employers and jobs that they are recruiting for. New Zealand currently has more than 1000 IT openings throughout the country. Perhaps one of these jobs is perfect for you?

Also on our stand is a team from Immigration who will be able to answer your questions about work permits and visa options, as well as tell you about housing, cost of living and some of the most vibrant places to live in New Zealand.

Interested? Then we hope to see you there.

If you do plan to attend, be sure to bring an updated curriculum vitae. If you do not plan to attend, but have a friend in the IT arena you believe would find the opportunities in New Zealand of interest, why not refer them to our website. Click here to visit.

Until we meet,

Cheers

Andrew Lockhart
Immigration New Zealand, London

PS If you cannot attend the event we invite you to visit our website at www.immigration.govt.nz as well as the Hudson Recruitment website at www.jobs.nz.hudson.com for IT employment information.

And if you'd like to know more about CeBIT, visit www.cebit.de

DOL 044B

Hope to see you there.

Steve

Campbells Mar 1st 2008 7:51 am

Re: CeBIT EXPO - HANOVER

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear (Post 6000481)
Hi everyone,

Is anyone going to the expo in Hanover in Germany 04 - 09 Mar. I have booked my flight and got my entrance ticket.

Here is the email I received:

Thanks for your continued interest in working and living in New Zealand. We're pleased to personally invite you to stop by and see us at our stand at CeBIT. We'll be there for all 6 days of the Hannover event, 4-9 March, and hope we can meet.

CeBIT is the world's largest trade fair for digital solutions - and as such we'll be looking for interested IT professionals across a broad range of job functions who may be keen in exploring the opportunities in our fair land.

If you can make the time to come and chat with us, we'll be sure to introduce you to key people from Hudson Recruitment who have made the trip to Germany to tell you about specific employers and jobs that they are recruiting for. New Zealand currently has more than 1000 IT openings throughout the country. Perhaps one of these jobs is perfect for you?

Also on our stand is a team from Immigration who will be able to answer your questions about work permits and visa options, as well as tell you about housing, cost of living and some of the most vibrant places to live in New Zealand.

Interested? Then we hope to see you there.

If you do plan to attend, be sure to bring an updated curriculum vitae. If you do not plan to attend, but have a friend in the IT arena you believe would find the opportunities in New Zealand of interest, why not refer them to our website. Click here to visit.

Until we meet,

Cheers

Andrew Lockhart
Immigration New Zealand, London

PS If you cannot attend the event we invite you to visit our website at www.immigration.govt.nz as well as the Hudson Recruitment website at www.jobs.nz.hudson.com for IT employment information.

And if you'd like to know more about CeBIT, visit www.cebit.de

DOL 044B

Hope to see you there.

Steve

1000 IT jobs

Amazing, my friend was here in June last year and couldn't get many interviews in the IT sector.

He was offered a job in Welly but said the pay was pathetic and what a junior in the UK would earn.

Many of the agencies in NZ that he approached asked him if he had New Zealand experince.

He asked if that course was available online :eek::eek::eek:

I think Ireland is pulling the IT heavy weights and has a lot on offer.

Be interesting to hear how the immigration pitch the cost of housing to potential IT professionals.

I remember one of the buzz sayings in IT

Think gloabal act local :D

BEVS Mar 1st 2008 9:45 am

HHmm.

Not sure I understand the post. :blink: Is it a pitch or are you really going to fly to Germany for an Expo when there are Expos in the UK?

If you want to know about the IT scene you should really be contacting The Wellies

Yogi Bear Mar 1st 2008 10:12 am

Hi,

Yes I am reallly flying into Germany on the 9th. It is an international expo.

I am just going to take a look and see what happens.

Steve

Campbells Mar 1st 2008 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear (Post 6003018)
Hi,

Yes I am reallly flying into Germany on the 9th. It is an international expo.

I am just going to take a look and see what happens.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Is there really 1000 It jobs available in NZ :confused:

happynz Mar 1st 2008 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Campbells (Post 6004326)
Hi Steve,

Are there really 1000 It jobs available in NZ :confused:

from seek.co.nz

Job Search Results

Results 1 - 20 of 3511 for Full Time, Part Time, Contract/Temp, Casual/Vacation, I.T. & T in Auckland, Wellington, Nth Island - Other, Christchurch, Sth Island - Other.

Yogi Bear Mar 1st 2008 8:11 pm

Hi,

From the info I have managed to find, the jobs are there. That is why I am going to Germany to find out.

spid Mar 1st 2008 8:14 pm

WHy Germany though - when there are expos in LOndon, Leeds, Glasgow and Edinburgh?

Just interested, not judging.:blink:

Campbells Mar 1st 2008 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by spid (Post 6004465)
WHy Germany though - when there are expos in LOndon, Leeds, Glasgow and Edinburgh?

Just interested, not judging.:blink:

Because New Zealand has a skills shortage :confused:

Germany also offers the lost in translation scenario

Can you imagine

“Vat you mean, Sveet Ass ?” :eek::eek::eek:

Campbells Mar 1st 2008 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 6004390)
from seek.co.nz

IT & T is a much greater scope than just IT ;)

Also, I imagine that the level of jobs that the NZIS have to refer to as 1000 jobs on offer are ones that will justify their requirements for the applicable permits - work & PR to be issued.

Therefore your Seek search offering part time & casual is a bit too broad brushed.

There is also a salary threshold to satisfy the NZIS criteria and I am positive that if you drill down into that list you will find sales jobs commission only, as an example

Yogi Bear Mar 1st 2008 9:02 pm

The CeBIT is an international Technology EXPO which takes place every year.

The companies that will be there are:

ARANZ Scanning
Author-it Software
Centruflow
Daestra New Zealand
Fronde
Hudson Global Resources (IT Recruitment)
Imarda
Immigration New Zealand
Massive Software
NextWindow
Pivot Software
Simtrix
Starsoft
Tu Chic
Vcomms

Robbo25 Mar 1st 2008 9:06 pm

Yogi, how did you get sent that by NZIS? Did you have to register somehow?

Campbells Mar 1st 2008 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear (Post 6004457)
Hi,

From the info I have managed to find, the jobs are there. That is why I am going to Germany to find out.

Anyways mate,

Enjoy the show, enjoy Germany, it is a great country

And have a Warstiener ( on tap) for me ;)

happynz Mar 1st 2008 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Campbells (Post 6004502)
There is also a salary threshold to satisfy the NZIS criteria...

Only if on work to residency? Hmmm...

Campbells Mar 1st 2008 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 6004760)
Only if on work to residency? Hmmm...

Nope, to define that a "skilled " position commands a salary that reflects the need to offer the job outside of NZers.

But in the case of getting PR without a job offer obviously there is no job criteria involved ( as such).