Catchment Areas

Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:36 am
Just Joined

thenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the rough
Default Catchment Areas

Hi there
Got a quick question about catchment areas for schools in NZ. Does anyone know how is works over here (I'm in Auckland)? Ie if we live really close to a school does that pretty much mean our kids would be able to attend? Or am I still in a UK mind set (probably) and does this sort of annoying problem not exist out here???
Thanks in advance
Helen
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:40 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Catchment Areas

If you want to know which zone you are in you can usually go to a school and ask the school secretary for a zone map. That's what I'd do.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:54 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
If you want to know which zone you are in you can usually go to a school and ask the school secretary for a zone map. That's what I'd do.
^^^ Ditto. Some schools are not zoned, some are. Same as some schools will take international students, some won't (too much paperwork apparently).
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thenaisbos View Post
Hi there
Got a quick question about catchment areas for schools in NZ. Does anyone know how is works over here (I'm in Auckland)? Ie if we live really close to a school does that pretty much mean our kids would be able to attend? Or am I still in a UK mind set (probably) and does this sort of annoying problem not exist out here???
Thanks in advance
Helen
doesn't always work like that i'm afraid,schools are quite strict with zoning(well good schools are )...we were walking distance to a good school that we intended to put our daughter to,then we found out the zoning boundry stopped at the corner of our house then crossed over the road and took in these houses...the school she was in zone for you had to drive to or take the bus,as it was too far to walk.:curse:

if you have a school in mind,check out there website,you can usually view a zoning map....hope this helps...jacky
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:58 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
Thanks in advance
Helen
Most schools will show their catchment area on their website - might be worth researching on the internet?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

thenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the useful info, much appreciated.
Will check out the zones on the school websites.
ta
H
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

you can also check out this link to ministry of education
http://www.schoolzones.co.nz/enrolmentzones/Search.aspx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

notlob1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
Thanks in advance
Helen
I had the same worries as have two children to school when we arrive(end of march) so NZ nephew set me on a sit which shows everything hope its helpful , was for me.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of...nd.New_Zealand