British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cat-%E2%80%93-astrophe-un-deux-trois-cat-sank-survey-519912/)

Steve and the Dragon Mar 7th 2008 6:42 pm

CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
Looks like we have sold our house, but had to knock price down a bit! Anyway, because of that - budget slightly changed…..

For the last six years or so we have enjoyed the disdainful company of our Feline Friend, a Cat Protection League rescuee who now somewhat aloofly chooses to honour us with her presence. Originally I thought nothing of agreeing to the cost of transporting Feline to NZ. As our goal posts have changed, I can now think of a huge number of alternative uses for that cost.

However, my pondering of the financial considerations involved is overshadowed by the “alleged” emotional requirement to keep this beloved animal close to us. Apparently, we cannot re-home because there is not another single person in the UK who would not murder her or allow her to come to some other unmentionable harm the very instant our plane has taken off. Therefore I have become, to this cat, the equivalent of Adolph Eichmann.

The cat in question is a pain in the A*%*. She contributes nothing, somehow manages to nag in a way that makes one imagine painful things happening to her, and in general makes it clear that our presence around her is barely tolerated. I am personally at peace with the emotional void that would follow her absence from my day to day life.

She has not been a complete negative influence however. Should employment opportunities be scarce, the experience I have gained, opening and closing the front door, should qualify me for a Bellboy position at Noah’s Hotel.

My reasoned financial arguments are met with counter-arguments such as “but she’s like our child” (the Dragon is a Pom by the way and anthropomorphizing like crazy). How can I fight against the profundity of my wife’s logic, or her influence on the popular opinion of my two gullible daughters?

A basic law of the universe seems to be that wives don’t in general believe a word their husbands tell them until the same facts are presented by a third party. With this in mind, I think our feline quandary could be helped along by a survey of opinion.

Apart from anything else, there is apparently an overpopulation of cats in NZ, and I am keen to remain environmentally responsible.

Steve

dreamfish Mar 7th 2008 7:22 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
LMAO bloody brilliant :rofl:

do what my hubby did - waited till i was away visiting family, came back and he had sent my two cats to the cats protection league :)

Of course i miss them dearly but I dont believe it would have been fair to bring them over.

Anyway I am here, can laugh about it, am not damaged for life, and the kitties are still alive.:thumbsup:

dribble Mar 7th 2008 7:39 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
Being a previously named party on all this, I share your pain.

My advice is to send the family out and spend the time wisely, have your heart to heart with the furry beast, stick it in a box/cat transporter and GET RID.... (of course we are not talking little concrete boots and a murky dike, more along the lines of where it came from originally.)

Your immediate satisfaction is released until the tears appear on your loved ones faces. Tears dont cost as much as a vet bill, insurance, cat food/litter so all be it harsh, it makes sence to the male of the species. Being the bread winner I thought I held the purse strings, however there still has to be compensation for your actions to help sooth the heart of those that are missing the unloyal 4 legged whinging previous family member.

Good luck buddy, bear in mind the love and joy you will have once you land , this will help all parties and soon defer their attention to the scenary and great culture.
:thumbsup:

Steve and the Dragon Mar 7th 2008 7:54 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
How wonderful to get such a quick response. Thank you. The notion of carrying out a “surprise” pussycat relocation while the family is out has been anticipated and addressed already by my clairvoyant wife. Not only am I under the pain of death if I even think about considering this course of action, but in the interests of my own self-preservation I must now protect said Feline against any third-party danger in case the blame falls on me. This has increased the levels of endearment I feel towards the Feline.

In order for her to have an “accident” I need witnesses and absolute proof that it wasn’t my fault. Does anyone have the number for a pussycat hitman?

nelsonpom Mar 7th 2008 8:19 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6031995)
How wonderful to get such a quick response. Thank you. The notion of carrying out a “surprise” pussycat relocation while the family is out has been anticipated and addressed already by my clairvoyant wife. Not only am I under the pain of death if I even think about considering this course of action, but in the interests of my own self-preservation I must now protect said Feline against any third-party danger in case the blame falls on me. This has increased the levels of endearment I feel towards the Feline.

In order for her to have an “accident” I need witnesses and absolute proof that it wasn’t my fault. Does anyone have the number for a pussycat hitman?

Sorry mate I disagree, flew both our cats over here 2.5 years ago and despite the cost it has def been worth it. Helped us to settle in having our 'family' around us, and both cats have flourished in NZ.

dribble Mar 7th 2008 8:30 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
Well, we are enjoying the country and the new life, so we havent had time to look after a cat. Lightening the load on the wallet means that your reduced income can be placed in a more beneficial pot, like enjoying life.
Heartless approach, but in reality dedicating funds gets more emphasis once your 12k miles from your family and need the comform of the little extra income that may have previously been missed due to the running cost of said beast. ;)

Nerine Mar 7th 2008 9:44 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
leave it with a relative or friend.

dreamfish Mar 7th 2008 10:20 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6031995)
How wonderful to get such a quick response. Thank you. The notion of carrying out a “surprise” pussycat relocation while the family is out has been anticipated and addressed already by my clairvoyant wife.

interesting you say that....i kinda thought he might but wasnt sure. However somewhere between the A14 and A10 I suddenly got this feeling of being in a box peering through a cage. It was around this time that dribble was 'cohersing' my beloveds into their transport. So glad I wasnt there to witness his persuasion tactics!

To be honest, although i miss my puds dearly, you need the freedom. Not all rentals allow pets, so you might have to rely on a friend to send the cats on once you are settled, or use a cattery till you find somewhere. Or perhaps you will be lucky enough to get a leniant landlord.

And they are a 'burden' in that you can't just up and leave to go on a road trip for a few days to investigate your new home, without having to rely on a good neighbour to feed and water your pets.

I hear vet fees are quite pricey here too but I dont know for sure.

I have a goldfish now.

pangor Mar 8th 2008 1:33 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6031780)

The cat in question is a pain in the A*%*. She contributes nothing, somehow manages to nag in a way that makes one imagine painful things happening to her, and in general makes it clear that our presence around her is barely tolerated.

Steve


Hmmmm. . . perhaps I should have left my teenagers behind :)


peter ( who insisted on bringing our two cats ! )

Bo-Jangles Mar 8th 2008 4:07 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
My advice for Mrs Steve, (I refuse to use your term of endearment) if you do decide not to bring your beloved family pet, there's plenty cute wee kitties in NZ that could use a good home. SPCA are always crying out for rehoming of rescued cats and kittens.

If after having cashed up, it's really going to hurt your budget so much to bring the little darling puss, you have my sympathies for the tough times ahead for you in NZ. :eek:

luvwelly Mar 8th 2008 5:04 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
Have no pets at all but am interested in how much does it cost roughly to bring a cat over?

pangor Mar 8th 2008 9:48 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by luvwelly (Post 6033213)
Have no pets at all but am interested in how much does it cost roughly to bring a cat over?

Very roughly - a couple of thousand pounds.

There are threads here somewhere with more exact costs if your curiosity extends that far : )

Reading the original post again I am reminded of, I think it was Moonlightling, where the two main characters spent the entire time hating each other, but deep down under the surface, they were really very much in . . . . love.

peter

luvwelly Mar 8th 2008 10:00 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by pangor (Post 6036031)
Very roughly - a couple of thousand pounds.

Reading the original post again I am reminded of, I think it was Moonlightling, where the two main characters spent the entire time hating each other, but deep down under the surface, they were really very much in . . . . love.

peter

Thanks..I can see why the OP thinks the money might be better spent elsewhere then....not so sure he is 'in love' with the cat actually. I think any vets bills will seem cheap in comparison at least.

Pinkie Pie Mar 8th 2008 10:06 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6031780)
Looks like we have sold our house, but had to knock price down a bit! Anyway, because of that - budget slightly changed…..

For the last six years or so we have enjoyed the disdainful company of our Feline Friend, a Cat Protection League rescuee who now somewhat aloofly chooses to honour us with her presence. Originally I thought nothing of agreeing to the cost of transporting Feline to NZ. As our goal posts have changed, I can now think of a huge number of alternative uses for that cost.

However, my pondering of the financial considerations involved is overshadowed by the “alleged” emotional requirement to keep this beloved animal close to us. Apparently, we cannot re-home because there is not another single person in the UK who would not murder her or allow her to come to some other unmentionable harm the very instant our plane has taken off. Therefore I have become, to this cat, the equivalent of Adolph Eichmann.

The cat in question is a pain in the A*%*. She contributes nothing, somehow manages to nag in a way that makes one imagine painful things happening to her, and in general makes it clear that our presence around her is barely tolerated. I am personally at peace with the emotional void that would follow her absence from my day to day life.

She has not been a complete negative influence however. Should employment opportunities be scarce, the experience I have gained, opening and closing the front door, should qualify me for a Bellboy position at Noah’s Hotel.

My reasoned financial arguments are met with counter-arguments such as “but she’s like our child” (the Dragon is a Pom by the way and anthropomorphizing like crazy). How can I fight against the profundity of my wife’s logic, or her influence on the popular opinion of my two gullible daughters?

A basic law of the universe seems to be that wives don’t in general believe a word their husbands tell them until the same facts are presented by a third party. With this in mind, I think our feline quandary could be helped along by a survey of opinion.

Apart from anything else, there is apparently an overpopulation of cats in NZ, and I am keen to remain environmentally responsible.

Steve

:lol: Have some karma for one of the funniest posts I've seen for a while...it helps of course that I don't like cats and could probably help you with some suggestions for plotting it's 'accidental' downfall...:lol:

Gill and Rob Mar 9th 2008 1:29 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6031780)
Looks like we have sold our house, but had to knock price down a bit! Anyway, because of that - budget slightly changed…..

For the last six years or so we have enjoyed the disdainful company of our Feline Friend, a Cat Protection League rescuee who now somewhat aloofly chooses to honour us with her presence. Originally I thought nothing of agreeing to the cost of transporting Feline to NZ. As our goal posts have changed, I can now think of a huge number of alternative uses for that cost.

However, my pondering of the financial considerations involved is overshadowed by the “alleged” emotional requirement to keep this beloved animal close to us. Apparently, we cannot re-home because there is not another single person in the UK who would not murder her or allow her to come to some other unmentionable harm the very instant our plane has taken off. Therefore I have become, to this cat, the equivalent of Adolph Eichmann.

The cat in question is a pain in the A*%*. She contributes nothing, somehow manages to nag in a way that makes one imagine painful things happening to her, and in general makes it clear that our presence around her is barely tolerated. I am personally at peace with the emotional void that would follow her absence from my day to day life.

She has not been a complete negative influence however. Should employment opportunities be scarce, the experience I have gained, opening and closing the front door, should qualify me for a Bellboy position at Noah’s Hotel.

My reasoned financial arguments are met with counter-arguments such as “but she’s like our child” (the Dragon is a Pom by the way and anthropomorphizing like crazy). How can I fight against the profundity of my wife’s logic, or her influence on the popular opinion of my two gullible daughters?

A basic law of the universe seems to be that wives don’t in general believe a word their husbands tell them until the same facts are presented by a third party. With this in mind, I think our feline quandary could be helped along by a survey of opinion.

Apart from anything else, there is apparently an overpopulation of cats in NZ, and I am keen to remain environmentally responsible.

Steve

Cost to bring cat to NZ £2000 or Single trip to vet in UK £45

New cat (HUGE CHOICE) from SPCA in NZ ........ $45

I rest my case.
Gill (Only joking !!! I have 2 cats that we got here in NZ)

Gill and Rob Mar 9th 2008 1:32 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
Friends of ours in NZ spent the last 2 years house sitting and looking after this guys 2 cats while he has been working in Europe. Two weeks before he returned one of the cats was run over right outside the house !!!! The remaining cat then promptly MOVED in with the neighbour and her cat, refusing to return even to be fed !!!

Gill

hazeandsteve Mar 9th 2008 5:10 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by pangor (Post 6036031)
Very roughly - a couple of thousand pounds.

Absolute rubbish. We paid just over a grand, and that included a month in a cattery and all the necessary veterinary tests. Do the checks yourself and transportation inc paperwork is about £500-£600.

If you don't like the cat, then give it to a rescue shelter. If the wife makes so much of a fuss, she obviously loves the cat more than you, so leave her there as well.

owen Mar 9th 2008 6:08 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
ONE SACK

TWO BRICKS

ONE CANAL

JOB DONE

CHEAP AS CHIPS:cool:

hjmilligan Mar 9th 2008 6:42 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
We had a cat back in the UK,brought our dog over as he was much younger than our cat,luckily for us the woman who brought our house took the cat as well,maybe this is an option for you?
The woman who took on our cat is in regular contact with my sister that lives near by as she goes round to feed her when she goes away on holiday so we get regular updates on how shes doing,but my dog misses having his ears cleaned by her :D

Helen

Kerrygold Mar 9th 2008 7:42 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
We're taking two of our cats and the total cost, £1,600.00, not including vets fees. - Horrific but we feel it's worth it as they will help us to settle once we get there.

As for rehoming them here - just ask EVERYONE you know. We have two cats who wouldn't pass the medical and I quite literally told everyone i knew, friends, relatives, work colleagues. I've found a fantastic home for them with a family who love animals and have children who are used to them. It has taken a huge worry off my mind.

pangor Mar 9th 2008 8:05 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 6036945)
Absolute rubbish. We paid just over a grand, and that included a month in a cattery and all the necessary veterinary tests. Do the checks yourself and transportation inc paperwork is about £500-£600.

If you don't like the cat, then give it to a rescue shelter. If the wife makes so much of a fuss, she obviously loves the cat more than you, so leave her there as well.

You are right ( if a little pedantic ) - have just asked Nicola and our two cats were about that much as well.

And we are all glad we did - as soon as the cats arrived it suddenly felt much more like home.

and I would say that this comment is quite perceptive -


Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 6033158)
If after having cashed up, it's really going to hurt your budget so much to bring the little darling puss, you have my sympathies for the tough times ahead for you in NZ. :eek:

peter

Sam Greenfield Mar 9th 2008 8:38 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6031780)
Looks like we have sold our house, but had to knock price down a bit! Anyway, because of that - budget slightly changed…..

For the last six years or so we have enjoyed the disdainful company of our Feline Friend, a Cat Protection League rescuee who now somewhat aloofly chooses to honour us with her presence. Originally I thought nothing of agreeing to the cost of transporting Feline to NZ. As our goal posts have changed, I can now think of a huge number of alternative uses for that cost.

However, my pondering of the financial considerations involved is overshadowed by the “alleged” emotional requirement to keep this beloved animal close to us. Apparently, we cannot re-home because there is not another single person in the UK who would not murder her or allow her to come to some other unmentionable harm the very instant our plane has taken off. Therefore I have become, to this cat, the equivalent of Adolph Eichmann.

The cat in question is a pain in the A*%*. She contributes nothing, somehow manages to nag in a way that makes one imagine painful things happening to her, and in general makes it clear that our presence around her is barely tolerated. I am personally at peace with the emotional void that would follow her absence from my day to day life.

She has not been a complete negative influence however. Should employment opportunities be scarce, the experience I have gained, opening and closing the front door, should qualify me for a Bellboy position at Noah’s Hotel.

My reasoned financial arguments are met with counter-arguments such as “but she’s like our child” (the Dragon is a Pom by the way and anthropomorphizing like crazy). How can I fight against the profundity of my wife’s logic, or her influence on the popular opinion of my two gullible daughters?

A basic law of the universe seems to be that wives don’t in general believe a word their husbands tell them until the same facts are presented by a third party. With this in mind, I think our feline quandary could be helped along by a survey of opinion.

Apart from anything else, there is apparently an overpopulation of cats in NZ, and I am keen to remain environmentally responsible.

Steve



Hi Steve
The love between human and animal is so strong - glad your feeling it too man :rofl: that is one of the funniest posts i have read in a long time - dont often venture into the NZ forum but people like you keep dragging me back - :rofl:

Steve and the Dragon Mar 9th 2008 6:27 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
What an excellent survey outcome, clearly and irrefutably suggesting that the sensible course of action is to depart sans chat. Thank you all. Naturally this weight of public opinion matters little in the face of the Dragon’s pro-pussycat regime, and so in hindsight the general effort to sway her opinion was doomed to failure from the start.

Faced with little choice but to comply, I have found that costs vary from the equivalent of Feline Business Class through to the Beijing stopover special. What ever the cost though, large or small: it’s a cat! Perhaps we could get away with heavily sedating it for the duration of the flight and the Dragon can wear it on her head, Davy Crockett Style?

However we live in hope, and, in a universe of infinite possibilities. The many worthy ideas submitted here will be taken into grateful consideration, and you may want to keep your eyes peeled for my next post - Useful Alibis in the Event of a Missing Pet.

Peter, further to your comment on Moonlighting, it’s true that I’ve kept my feelings for this cat a secret for so long now. This might amuse you if you haven’t already seen it:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10495111

The worrying thing is that this took place in the town next to my home town!

How do you make a cat flap?
Answers on a postcard please…..

Steve

scrubbedexpat094 Mar 9th 2008 9:47 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6038830)
How do you make a cat flap?
Answers on a postcard please…..

Steve

A drop from 20m might just do it ;)

hazeandsteve Mar 11th 2008 8:20 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
How do you make a cat bark?






Petrol.....match......."woof!"

kamburu pat Mar 11th 2008 3:28 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6031780)
Looks like we have sold our house, but had to knock price down a bit! Anyway, because of that - budget slightly changed…..

For the last six years or so we have enjoyed the disdainful company of our Feline Friend, a Cat Protection League rescuee who now somewhat aloofly chooses to honour us with her presence. Originally I thought nothing of agreeing to the cost of transporting Feline to NZ. As our goal posts have changed, I can now think of a huge number of alternative uses for that cost.

However, my pondering of the financial considerations involved is overshadowed by the “alleged” emotional requirement to keep this beloved animal close to us. Apparently, we cannot re-home because there is not another single person in the UK who would not murder her or allow her to come to some other unmentionable harm the very instant our plane has taken off. Therefore I have become, to this cat, the equivalent of Adolph Eichmann.

The cat in question is a pain in the A*%*. She contributes nothing, somehow manages to nag in a way that makes one imagine painful things happening to her, and in general makes it clear that our presence around her is barely tolerated. I am personally at peace with the emotional void that would follow her absence from my day to day life.

She has not been a complete negative influence however. Should employment opportunities be scarce, the experience I have gained, opening and closing the front door, should qualify me for a Bellboy position at Noah’s Hotel.

My reasoned financial arguments are met with counter-arguments such as “but she’s like our child” (the Dragon is a Pom by the way and anthropomorphizing like crazy). How can I fight against the profundity of my wife’s logic, or her influence on the popular opinion of my two gullible daughters?

A basic law of the universe seems to be that wives don’t in general believe a word their husbands tell them until the same facts are presented by a third party. With this in mind, I think our feline quandary could be helped along by a survey of opinion.

Apart from anything else, there is apparently an overpopulation of cats in NZ, and I am keen to remain environmentally responsible.

Steve

Steve,
When our son and his partner moved to Wellington from Britain twelve years ago he told me the cat was going too, at a cost of £500, when I asked him why he was taking the cat all that way his reply was, "would you have left me behind when I was a child when you went to live in Africa!?" I should point out that Im not a cat lover!
Pat.

hazeandsteve Mar 12th 2008 5:50 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
I must point out this is how we felt.
Our cat is eleven, and I've had her since she was five weeks old. She used to fit in the palm of my hand, and still sleeps at the foot of our bed....:wub:

truditjh Mar 15th 2008 11:01 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon (Post 6038830)
What an excellent survey outcome, clearly and irrefutably suggesting that the sensible course of action is to depart sans chat. Thank you all. Naturally this weight of public opinion matters little in the face of the Dragon’s pro-pussycat regime, and so in hindsight the general effort to sway her opinion was doomed to failure from the start.

Faced with little choice but to comply, I have found that costs vary from the equivalent of Feline Business Class through to the Beijing stopover special. What ever the cost though, large or small: it’s a cat! Perhaps we could get away with heavily sedating it for the duration of the flight and the Dragon can wear it on her head, Davy Crockett Style?

However we live in hope, and, in a universe of infinite possibilities. The many worthy ideas submitted here will be taken into grateful consideration, and you may want to keep your eyes peeled for my next post - Useful Alibis in the Event of a Missing Pet.

Peter, further to your comment on Moonlighting, it’s true that I’ve kept my feelings for this cat a secret for so long now. This might amuse you if you haven’t already seen it:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10495111

The worrying thing is that this took place in the town next to my home town!

How do you make a cat flap?
Answers on a postcard please…..

Steve


I know this doesnt help one iota, but got sent this the other day and it just seemed appropriate to post it here..


Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not required.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough! To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
(That's why they call it 'fur'niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is
short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.


Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3. Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a 'gazillion' dollars for college.

And finally,

11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

Bo-Jangles Mar 15th 2008 10:01 pm

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by truditjh (Post 6066099)

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not required.



:rofl:

dlmckay Mar 16th 2008 12:58 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 
I think you may find that in common with other rescue organisations, the CPL may have a clause in their contract of adoption that you may not rehome the cat without their say-so and if you choose not to have the cat anymore, it should be returned to them. :)

I had 7 cats and 2 dogs when we decided to leave for NZ.

The 3 cats that I got for myself came with us. The four other freeloaders and hangers-on were rehomed privately. The flight for 3 cats was around £1,500 so can't imagine bringing one would be several grand!

I'm with Bo-Jangles - if you're worried you'll definitely need that extra $2,400 when you get here, then you may wish to rethink emigrating!

Maz Mar 16th 2008 5:43 am

Re: CAT – astrophe, Un, deux, trois, CAT, SANK - SURVEY
 

Originally Posted by dlmckay (Post 6068100)
I think you may find that in common with other rescue organisations, the CPL may have a clause in their contract of adoption that you may not rehome the cat without their say-so and if you choose not to have the cat anymore, it should be returned to them. :)

Yep, that's in there. We got our two kittens in NZ from the CPL and that was in our contract with them.


Originally Posted by dlmckay (Post 6068100)
I'm with Bo-Jangles - if you're worried you'll definitely need that extra $2,400 when you get here, then you may wish to rethink emigrating!

Never a truer word was spoke! Or typed. :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.