Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Casual Babysitter Needed - Rangiora

Casual Babysitter Needed - Rangiora

Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light
Default Casual Babysitter Needed - Rangiora

Hi, my wife now works and she needs some coverage for the first three days of the school holidays starting 7 July 8:30 to 3pmish. We have three children, one boy 11, two girls 6 and 9. They are not too bad and would spend the day riding bikes and eating cookies, and writing stories.

If it goes well, we wouldn't mind having someone we can call on at future school holiday times when I can't take time off from my job.

Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casual Babysitter Needed - Rangiora

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Hi, my wife now works and she needs some coverage for the first three days of the school holidays starting 7 July 8:30 to 3pmish. We have three children, one boy 11, two girls 6 and 9. They are not too bad and would spend the day riding bikes and eating cookies, and writing stories.

If it goes well, we wouldn't mind having someone we can call on at future school holiday times when I can't take time off from my job.

Thanks
What about OSCARS?
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:28 am
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ

Thanks
Unfortunately we aint there yet, or i would have done it for ya
I have 2 girls aged 7 and 9, so they would probably play great together.

Just about to undertake a childcare course before i come over so that i have additional options to working.

It would be a good idea to get a network of people together who can babysit for each other. It would help in times of need haha

Anyway, good luck in your search.

C xxx
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Try www.gumtree.co.nz
They have Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch listings.

http://christchurch.gumtree.co.nz/f-...W0QQCatIdZ9056
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:17 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

They're welcome to come round here. Any time you need a babysitter just shout, if we're free, we'll do it.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Mandie, Vicki is working on it and I will pass this along.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:28 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Sorry can't help at all due to geography. Too far to travel.

When our children were young we were a member of a baby sitting circle. It worked really well. A group of 32 families and we all started with 40 points.

We all took turns in holding the book for a month. You rang the person with the book said when you needed a sitter, start and finish time and then he/she rang around to arrange it. you started with the person with the least points and worked your way up.

1 point = 1 hour between 7pm and 12 midnight
1.5 points = 1 hour at any other time

We also held group picnics in summer as mainly consisted of 3 - 4 groups of friends with-in the circle. This is important then we were not all looking for a sitter on the same night.

Monthly nights out for the girls at which time the book was passed on to the next person.

It's an idea, it's not for everyone.

Pauline
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the posts everyone, I have now turned this entirely over to my wife.