Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cash and Carry / Wholesalers

Cash and Carry / Wholesalers

Old Apr 18th 2011, 7:46 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cash and Carry / Wholesalers

OK, I'm looking to save a few extra $$$. When in the UK, I used to do some shopping at Bookers and JTF.......does anybody use the NZ equivalent...???....what is the NZ equivalent...???.....Are there any special requirements to go through to become a member of a cash and carry, here??

Cheers

Paul
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash and Carry / Wholesalers

The only one I know of North Auckland is Gilmours at Constellation Drive. https://www.gilmours.co.nz/home.html

I went in there once, a long long time ago as someone said I could use their account ( I think you have to be a registered business to get an account) and I didn't have much clue about how the prices were compared to the supermarket so I only bought a couple of bits. There's nothing to stop anyone going in for a browse if you wanted to see if it's worth getting an account. I might even revisit this myself, now that you've reminded me.

Here's a link to the Specials so you can at least see some prices

https://www.gilmours.co.nz/Content/catalog_specials.pdf

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Apr 18th 2011 at 9:32 am.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

I tried Trents in Christchurch and it was more expensive than New World!!
I miss buying 1200 Tea Bags and whole boxes of Salt n Vinegar crisps from Makro!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I tried Trents in Christchurch and it was more expensive than New World!!
After looking at the link I posted above I would urge anyone to err on the side of caution, as you'd need to really do your homework beforehand to see if there was any real savings to be had. On just one example; Gilmours have Lupi Olive Oil in 3 Litre Tin for $30.99, I stock up on 1 Litre Bottles on special at P&S for $9.99 on a reasonably regular basis.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Apr 19th 2011 at 8:11 am.