British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Cars in Kiwi Gardens (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cars-kiwi-gardens-518016/)

Spudgun Feb 29th 2008 5:45 am

Cars in Kiwi Gardens

Little game to play here. Who can spot the Kiwi garden/driveway with the most cars/ute's in.

My neighbour has 4.

Bonus points if the vehicle is on bricks or has a dog living in it.

Exta points if you have proof its insured or has a WOF.

Happy hunting.

Living the dream.

Bo-Jangles Feb 29th 2008 7:29 am

Re: Cars in Kiwi Gardens

:rofl::rofl:

There are two houses along the way from me that have at least five cars each on the front, complete with the crappy homemade lean-to carports to protect the heaps of junk from the elements, a boat and various bits of other cars strewn around. They are typically chavtastic houses, draped in a million lights at Chrismas and you can't help but to gawp in amazement as you pass by.

I was chuffed to see recently one of them has tidied up because it is now for sale. :thumbsup:

Spudgun Feb 29th 2008 7:43 am

Wow, your going to be hard to beat. That must be a 80 pointer at least. Total respect to your neighbours though, a boat as well. They must be fine folk indeed. If you had clocked a dog you would have scored a ton. Do they have a mongrel tied to a rope ??

dreamfish Feb 29th 2008 7:46 am

do they have corregated tin fencing too?
or compost bin made out of corregated tin
or kennel made from.... corregated tin
garden gate made fr... u get the picture.

ok how about this - the most ingenious use for corregated tin in your neighbour's garden

owen Feb 29th 2008 8:10 am

Currently living in South Jafaland, I win!!!:D

Bo-Jangles Feb 29th 2008 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Spudgun (Post 5997759)
Wow, your going to be hard to beat. That must be a 80 pointer at least. Total respect to your neighbours though, a boat as well. They must be fine folk indeed. If you had clocked a dog you would have scored a ton. Do they have a mongrel tied to a rope ??

I don't know I will check out the dog situation next time I'm passing.

Spudgun Feb 29th 2008 8:28 am

Sorry Dreamfish, but coragated tin would only gain ya 5 points if :

1. Its rusty

2. Its got a dog tied to it.

or

3. 6 Moiri have claimed land rights to it.

dreamfish Feb 29th 2008 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Spudgun (Post 5997907)
Sorry Dreamfish, but coragated tin would only gain ya 5 points if :

1. Its rusty

2. Its got a dog tied to it.

or

3. 6 Moiri have claimed land rights to it.

karma to you for the giggles out loud eminating from my sofa heheheh - except you have milked me dry of karma and i need to spread it around a bit

Bo-Jangles Feb 29th 2008 8:31 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish (Post 5997768)
do they have corregated tin fencing too?
or compost bin made out of corregated tin
or kennel made from.... corregated tin
garden gate made fr... u get the picture.

ok how about this - the most ingenious use for corregated tin in your neighbour's garden

I'm not sure which exudes the most class or which is most expensive, our area seems to prefer corrugated PVC. Maybe it is more cost effective in that in doesn't rust. However, further to a previous thread, the see-through plastic does soon cultivate a good rustic coating of green slime and mould, which I feel blends in better with the environment. :thumbsup:

dreamfish Feb 29th 2008 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 5997914)
I'm not sure which exudes the most class or which is most expensive, our area seems to prefer corrugated PVC. Maybe it is more cost effective in that in doesn't rust. However, further to a previous thread, the see-through plastic does soon cultivate a good rustic coating of green slime and mould, which I feel blends in better with the environment. :thumbsup:

you know what, i even looked into corrugated pvc thinking to myself, what a marvellous idea. you can even get blinkin pvc post tops and decorative lions.

what on earth was i thinking?

Bo-Jangles Feb 29th 2008 8:51 am

You'll know when you've finally settled into Kiwi life, when you accept these things as the norm and then suddenly overnight you somehow begin to admire such things and find them attractive in a way you never thought possible. :rofl:

When things get really popular whole towns are dedicated to celebrate them and make them into tourist attractions: http://tirauinfo.homestead.com/Tirau.html

Keep an eye on the news, surely it can't be long before they start taking nominations for the corrugated PVC capital of NZ.

:D

Spudgun Feb 29th 2008 9:10 am

I declare Bo-Jangeles tonights winner. Please collect your See through corrugated plastic prize from your nearest Mega Mitre Ten. Just quote "123 i wanna be a pikey 2". And Dream fish, please just go to your nearest SPCA and collect the scabby dog of your choice as your consolation prize. Feel free to tie it up and let it bark all night.

Living the Dream.

Bo-Jangles Feb 29th 2008 9:51 am

Why thank you Mr Spudgun, you've given me a good laugh tonight.

*Skips off to Bunnings to see if they have any on special first*