Cargo travel...?

Old May 19th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice
Default Cargo travel...?

Hi all does anyone have any experience or knowledge of traveling from UK to NZ by Cargo? Where heading over on 28th Dec and my silly BF has it in his head that he would love to go by boat, and that it would be much cheaper? im very unsure as its goijn to take weeks and I would imagine it would cost quite alot?
Any info wud be grand!
Thanks shazmoo xx
Old May 19th 2010, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cargo travel...?

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
Hi all does anyone have any experience or knowledge of traveling from UK to NZ by Cargo? Where heading over on 28th Dec and my silly BF has it in his head that he would love to go by boat, and that it would be much cheaper? im very unsure as its goijn to take weeks and I would imagine it would cost quite alot?
Any info wud be grand!
Thanks shazmoo xx
hi well two start with it takes 6-8 weeks on a container ship, don't know about cost very much doubt, if you would be able to get on you would have to have some knowledge of container ships ect ect it only costs £2,400 to fly return with air newzealand for two people and cut in half if its one way
Old May 19th 2010, 11:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My husband had a thing about this a few years ago , courtesy of Michael Palin.

Try Strand Travel

Freight Cruises

It'll be pricey though. Certainly more expensive that a return air tx.
Old May 20th 2010, 6:35 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I looked into this as I try to avoid flying whenever possible (being the silly environmentalist that I am!) but it was way way much more than flying. I think it even worked out more than business class when I looked.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I travelled out from the UK to Auckland on Bankline and back via Dunedin on CP ships .. went through Panama both times .. excellent experience!
Old May 20th 2010, 11:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Yotty
I travelled out from the UK to Auckland on Bankline and back via Dunedin on CP ships .. went through Panama both times .. excellent experience!
I am interested in this . I've always wanted to go through the Panama Canal .

Tell us more.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

It would be a good experience but far too expensive! plus just too long on a boat, too far away from me and it'll be over xmas. this has been discussed and hes now said he wont do it an will do this thing togeva, as planned!! thanks tho guys xxx
Old May 22nd 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Yotty
What price did you pay then?
Old May 22nd 2010, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't expect what I paid is relevent now... but here's the latest fares http://www.strandtravelltd.co.uk/voy...ID=25&EndID=59