British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Cardiac physiologist jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/cardiac-physiologist-jobs-761937/)

Mrsl Jun 16th 2012 8:32 pm

Cardiac physiologist jobs

After feeling very fed up with scotland for a long time now I have decided to look into a move, possibly to NZ. I currently work in a hospital as a cardiac physiologist, main interest is echocardiography. I wondered if there are any other cardiac physiologists or anybody else who could offer me advice on additional qualifications etc I would require to work in New Zealand and what would be best way to go about a move and finding work?
Sarah

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 16th 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Cardiac physiologist jobs

Hi Sarah, I can't help with your question I'm afraid but just wanted to welcome you to BE & our NZ forums in particular. Hopefully someone will come along soon who'll be able to help you. :)

nero Jun 17th 2012 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Mrsl (Post 10122986)
After feeling very fed up with scotland for a long time now I have decided to look into a move, possibly to NZ. I currently work in a hospital as a cardiac physiologist, main interest is echocardiography. I wondered if there are any other cardiac physiologists or anybody else who could offer me advice on additional qualifications etc I would require to work in New Zealand and what would be best way to go about a move and finding work?
Sarah

I would suggest a visit to NZ with your CV and visiting the cardiology departments. It would be a relatively small field here in NZ. Alot of the DHB are on a recruitment freeze especially in the smaller departments like neurophysiology and cardiology. I think you may just get knocked back by the HR departments at the DHBs and would suggest writing directly to the Cardiology departments at the hospitals.

You probably have better qualifiactions than most NZ trained technicians so I doubt you would need any additional qualifications. Really depends if your points add up for you in relation to you getting a work visa or permanent residence. Good luck

lisamct Jun 17th 2012 11:07 pm

I'm pretty sure one of our posters husbands is a cardiac physiologist in Napier (might be wrong but thats the job he does in my head!)

She doesn't post much at all on here any more but her name was Zoexr...might be worth sending her a message.

zoexr Jun 18th 2012 9:11 am

Good memory Lisa, I am a cardiac physiologist! Gary here posting on Zoe's login as I dont have one. We don't really come on here so much anymore but if you want to have any questions please ask away. It would be helpful to know what qualifications you have and if you scan paediatrics or just adults.