caravans??

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:26 am
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future
Question caravans??

Does NZ have a caravan club? I have a caravan (love of the outdoors) and their expensive to buy over there by looks of it!! Would anyone know how much it is to transport over there?? please.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: caravans??

Originally Posted by alyj
Does NZ have a caravan club? I have a caravan (love of the outdoors) and their expensive to buy over there by looks of it!! Would anyone know how much it is to transport over there?? please.
Hi there hope this helps
http://www.nzmca.org.nz/
I know caravans are expensive to buy over here but i do believe that in the past few years caravaning has become more popular (i read something about this in the paper a while back and a couple were saying a caravan was better than a kiwi batch (like a shed type of structure by the water) the reason being that you could take the caravan anywhere.....

I have no idea what the cost to freight one over would be, for ideas of prices have a look at www.trademe.co.nz (its like your ebay) But just imagine how much stuff you could fill it with to bring over....
Anyhow hope all this helps and good luck in your ventures!
Cheers
Cally
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Happy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to allHappy Wanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: caravans??

Originally Posted by alyj
Hi There

Back in days we thought we could afford to bring a camper van we were quoted £3,000.

I'm not sure about the cost of a caravan, we're just beginning to look into it. The camper quote was based on the length/height/width. I think the model we were looking at was about 7m long so the £3,000 quote was for that.

You can save yourself a bit of money by buying your shipping insurance directly from the insurance underwriters rather than the shipping company. I think the saving for a 40ft container is between £1,000 and £1,500 so definitely worth investigating.

Good luck!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:39 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: caravans??

We had to sell our 18month old caravan in the uk before we came. Wish we hadn't cos to replace it here is over $30k But we needed a 20' container for all our household stuff and the caravan was over 20ft long itself so apart from not being able to afford a 40' container, it wouldn't all have fitted anyway. And I think you have to have the caravan steam cleaned (underneath) etc, like you would a car if you were bringing that over. You can't bring the gas bottles. We wouldn't have packed the caravan up with stuff because of the damage that might be caused inside during transit and the fact that MAF would want to inspect it inside and out separately anyway.
Shame. But then where we live now we don't really need a caravan to get away into the countryside or to be by lakes etc, as it's all on the doorstep!