caravaning???

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:56 pm
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future
Question caravaning???

Please could anyone advise me on 'caravaning' in NZ we would love to take ours when we migrate, where not sure about the cost of shipping it? and whether there are caravan sites etc.,
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:07 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: caravaning???

I can't say much about the shipping aspect as I haven't had much shipped over here save for a few pairs of shoes and some eyeglasses.

As for sites, yeah, many, if not most, holiday parks are set up for parking your caravan and I imagine it wouldn't be much of a drama to find someplace to store your caravan when you aren't using it. A couple of houses on my street have caravans parked in the back of their property where it seems they are used as overflow for visitors.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yes. it is possible for you to ship a caravan over here.
It will need a WOF which is the same as an MOT before you can legit. take it on the road. You will need to alter the electrics for it to pass a WOF.

Plenty of places for you to caravan .
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:44 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever about the costs of getting it over here etc but i can say that caravans are quite expensive here so it may be worth bringing it over
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I have asked this question on another NZ forum, and an answer came back yesterday saying this person would definately send a caravan out again, it cost them approx £3,000 for everything, even someone to do all the paperwork and to get through MAF etc, they shipped it from Southhampton.

Caravans are very expensive over in NZ so they say it was worth doing. I will try and PM you the actual reply.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:21 pm
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by teebrown
I have asked this question on another NZ forum, and an answer came back yesterday saying this person would definately send a caravan out again, it cost them approx £3,000 for everything, even someone to do all the paperwork and to get through MAF etc, they shipped it from Southhampton.

Caravans are very expensive over in NZ so they say it was worth doing. I will try and PM you the actual reply.
Thank you so much for your help, great advice! cheers Aly