Caravan

Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Jan0512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Caravan

Hi All,

I've just had anglo-pacific round to quote for moving our stuff with us. We were pretty sure we wanted to bring our caravan with us, so we can see the country but now we're worried about how complicated/expensive it will be.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks
Jan
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Caravan

Not sure how much its going to cost to bring it, but you may want to weigh up that with the price of caravans here. Caravans are very expensive in NZ.

Get a quote from these guys, they do boats cars etc...

http://www.tauruslogistics.co.nz/
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I have asked for a quote
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:14 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Get a quote to RoRo it vs putting it in a container. You'll find you aren't allowed to put anything non-caravan in it if in a container so it will consume a vast amount of the space.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Does that mean I can transport stuff in the caravan if I send it Ro-Ro?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

we'd love to take our caravan. Unfortunately we have to sell ours for air fares
Lydia
Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:51 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan0512
Does that mean I can transport stuff in the caravan if I send it Ro-Ro?
No but RoRo is cheaper. on arrival it will be removed from any container and it will clear customs on its own as a vehicle, consequently it can only have vehicle type stuff in it.

If you containerise it you just lose the space, if it is RoRo you still can't use the space but it is cheaper so 20ft + RoRo caravan will be quite a bit cheaper than a 40ft inc caravan within.

Quotes I had for a large car were 2100GBP in a 20ft container, 1500GBP RoRo
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Be aware that you may need to have some work done here to pass the NZ WOF . A WOF is the same as a UK MOT.

I'd echo the above though. Caravans are very expensive here and not up to much TBH. Bring yours if you can.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all

If I am not mistaken but very strict rules to what is required when importing caravan & GST. suggest you check the facts first.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all

Just found this

http://www.aa.co.nz/motoring/tips/as...om-the-UK.aspx
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:21 pm
`

Link ref WOF for UK caravan
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:24 pm
`

Originally Posted by Aucklander
If I am not mistaken but very strict rules to what is required when importing caravan & GST. suggest you check the facts first.
Why do you think there would be gst please? The caravan isn't new and would come under concessionary entry if the OP has the correct visa in place.

People do and have brought in their cars and caravans. Friend of ours had his UK parents send over his caravan in a container , packed to the gunnels with all sorts of stuff . It needed a bit of electrical work and was good to go. No hassle that I can remember. Just paperwork.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe I got it wrong I may be thinking of motor homes with GST & wheel base requirements.

We paid NZ$2,000 GST on our 9 month old car we shipped over in 2001 when we relocated from Spain. The car only cost the equivalent of NZ$13,000.

It cost us an extra $6,000 all up to ship with GST. Would never do it again.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:35 pm
`

I'm confused now. We need someone wot has done it.

I can see this
When no Customs charges apply Eligibility
Your household or other related effects (excluding motor vehicles, boats and aircraft) will qualify for concessionary entry, ie be free of duty and exempt GST, for a reasonable time after you arrive in New Zealand, provided you can meet all of the following conditions........
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:41 pm
`

Originally Posted by Aucklander

We paid NZ$2,000 GST on our 9 month old car we shipped over in 2001 when we relocated from Spain.
Ah! Maybe that's why.

I found this

Vehicle/Car:-
Owner must attend customs clearance interview. Including motorcycles and motor scooters
- Any person taking up permanent residence for the first time can import one vehicle exempt from needing an import license duty and GST free provided the vehicle has been owned for one year prior to departure to New Zealand, will not be sold for two years and is for the Customer's own personal use and not for sale, gift or disposal in any other way
- New Zealand citizens will be required to pay Customs duty and tax on all vehicles imported (GST
From HERE

Sorry Jan 0512 for going a bit off topic. I know a car ain't the same as a caravan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.