Reload this Page >

Car shipping with Autohub.co

Car shipping with Autohub.co

Old Aug 23rd 2014, 8:17 am
Just Joined

nzbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car shipping with Autohub.co

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has used these guys to ship their car.

I am moving back to NZ and was looking at getting a sole 20ft container for mostly my car and a few personal effects.

All companies were pretty pricey around the 3000GBP mark + insurance.

I came across Autohub. They are a NZ car logistics company which ship cars from Singapore Japan and UK to AUNZ.

For about 3.5k NZD or 1.75k GBP their service includes

The car is shipped in a shared container with another vehicle.

I spoke with the UK manager and he was very nice. He quoted that they ship 150 vehicles form UK to NZ a month so have quite a bit of experience. And they ship 4 time a month.

As I have very little in the way of effects, if I use these guys to ship my car and another company for groupage shipping of effects I am saving about 1000GBP which is incredible.

But I have not found very much independent stuff about these guys online. I wonder if anyone here has any experience.

Cheers
              Old Aug 23rd 2014, 10:41 am
              BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
              Default Re: Car shipping with Autohub.co

That's a good price but I think there will be further GST and compliance charges on top of those
              haven't heard of the company though
              Old Aug 23rd 2014, 11:40 am
              Just Joined

Yeah it's a brilliant price. Includes everything up to the point where is has to be complied.

For compliance registration and warrant of fitness (WOF is NZ equivalent of MOT) is about 900-1100NZD iF everything goes well.

If you've owned car for I think 12 months + no GST applies.

Would be good to know someone who has used them though:-)
              Old Aug 25th 2014, 8:32 am
              BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

if you google map the address its just a house in the middle of nowhere
              but there are some major companies endorsing them (PST transport)

Not sure how they can give a fixed price unless they know the make and value of the car
              as the cost of insurance will vary and also the GST at this end is based on the value of the
              car plus the cost of the insurance premium.
              No gst if you've owned it for 12 months previously but I think you do pay it if you sell it within a certain time frame once imported
              Old Aug 25th 2014, 6:01 pm
              Just Joined

Thanks you raise a very valid point.

Searching the companies register in NZ it seems like it is wholly owned by a Japanese company with a Kiwi managing director.

The fixed price does not include GST but I am exempt anyway. I ws told the insurance is a blanket plan because they ship so much so I'm guess one car here or there is nothing. I think they do 2000 cars a year from Japan, Sing and Uk to AUNZ. Just what I have been told.

They are also partnered with JEVIC JEVIC extends Biosecurity and NZTA border Inspections to Southampton which do the the MPI and NZTA approvals in the UK/Japan. It stands for Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Center Co Ltd and is a company that I presume was set up to do the check in Japan before shipment and has since expanded to the UK as the NZD pushed higher and RHD Euro cars from the UK became cheaper to AUNZ.

Will see what further info I can dig up.

Cheers
              Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:03 pm
              Just Joined

FWIW
              I just looked into this further.

Autohub along with JEVIC and Shipping container solutions from Pentalver iso shipping container sales all won the Global Freight Awards Supply Chain Partnership Award in 2012.

Also the trio and a write up here Felixstowe: Second hand car joint venture between Pentalver, Autohub and JEVIC - UK’s first Vehicle Pre-Clearance Facility for New Zealand - Business - East Anglian Daily Times

So its all looking pretty legit. Will have to wait and see though once I use them
              Old Sep 1st 2014, 8:10 am
              Just Joined

Bit more digging Looks like they are all pretty legit.

A link to BMW messgae baord about someone using them three times Buying tips for a 2007-09 M3 ? (last post)

And if you google Danny Knight auto hub comes up with a few NZ car importing trade magazines. Danny is Eu/AU manager for auto hub.

I think I will go ahead with them. Will let you know how it goes. Gonna ship my small amount of home items back group age with Robinsons (cheapest) Works out to about 1000GBP cheaper than a 20ft sole container Crown (who were the cheapest).

Hope this helps someone.