Car rentals...

Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:13 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car rentals...

Folks,

There was so many threads about car rentals 6months ago n I kept swearing by Europcar... The *****ers have been messing me round so I am now looking for something cheap for few days around Xmas in AKL (so we can go to the beach, have a BBQ etc), few days around New Year in CHCH...

Tips for cheap please.....
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Car rentals...

Don't mention Europcar to me I am still trying to get money back from them as they screwed up our payment in the UK in October!!

Anyway, for car rentals over here I have always used ACE Car Rentals - they don't have the most upto date cars but they are good value and very helpful.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Matewx
Folks,

There was so many threads about car rentals 6months ago n I kept swearing by Europcar... The *****ers have been messing me round so I am now looking for something cheap for few days around Xmas in AKL (so we can go to the beach, have a BBQ etc), few days around New Year in CHCH...

Tips for cheap please.....
hi we are coming over from uk on the 28th dec we are using Apollo cars

web site www.apollocarrentals.co.nz $700 for sixteen days
but that includes insurance $140
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Don't mention Europcar to me I am still trying to get money back from them as they screwed up our payment in the UK in October!!

Anyway, for car rentals over here I have always used ACE Car Rentals - they don't have the most upto date cars but they are good value and very helpful.
I'd second Ace... we've used them a few times and they've always been, well, Ace!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

iain_moore is on a distinguished road

Got back from a recce in nz about 2 weeks ago. used Ace car rentals - never again. Picked up the car (in the loosest terms) from Auckland - which was basically a garage forecourt. We drove up to richmond and then found that there was some liquid in the boot which runied our luggage. We phoned the Auckland branch about a replacement car on the way back down and the damage to our luggage. They basically said that we had been allocated a car and that we couldnt change it until we returned it to Christchurch! They also said that we couldnt prove that we hadnt spilt liquid in the boot to damage our own luggage! After my wife calmed me down, i spoke to the Christchurch branch who were the exact opposite - very professional. We stuck it out with the car and plastic bags in the boot. When we got to Christchurch, we were offered a 3 day rental refund, cost of cleaning or replacing the luggage and a discount on our next visit. Ace car rental - fantastic in the South Island - wouldnt touch them ever again in the North.

Iain

Last edited by iain_moore; Dec 10th 2009 at 2:27 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:12 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Backpacker do cars. We hired one for a day when we took the camper back. Fairly late models and cheaper than any others we'd looked at.....
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iain_moore
Got back from a recce in nz about 2 weeks ago. used Ace car rentals - never again. Picked up the car (in the loosest terms) from Auckland - which was basically a garage forecourt. We drove up to richmond and then found that there was some liquid in the boot which runied our luggage. We phoned the Auckland branch about a replacement car on the way back down and the damage to our luggage. They basically said that we had been allocated a car and that we couldnt change it until we returned it to Christchurch! They also said that we couldnt prove that we hadnt spilt liquid in the boot to damage our own luggage! After my wife calmed me down, i spoke to the Christchurch branch who were the exact opposite - very professional. We stuck it out with the car and plastic bags in the boot. When we got to Christchurch, we were offered a 3 day rental refund, cost of cleaning or replacing the luggage and a discount on our next visit. Ace car rental - fantastic in the South Island - wouldnt touch them ever again in the North.

Iain
Did you deal with Jackie in ChCh? I only ask because I worked there a few years ago! The ChCh have always been very good. I can only say we have picked our ACE car up from Auckland airport twice and they have been great both times, if not a little bit slow when busy
Old Dec 11th 2009, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Apex rentals!

Cheap, friendly and kiwi as!

Sweet as!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

A2B car rentals in Manukau City, Auckland. fab and cheap

www.A2Brentals.co.nz
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

iain_moore is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Did you deal with Jackie in ChCh? I only ask because I worked there a few years ago! The ChCh have always been very good. I can only say we have picked our ACE car up from Auckland airport twice and they have been great both times, if not a little bit slow when busy
Hi,

Yeah, think it was Jackie. We picked our car up from Auckland City We got stuck at the fuel station the first time i had to fill the car up - didnt know how to open the fuel cap! Didnt know about the lever next to the drivers seat - none of my cars have ever had that Felt a bit of an idiot, but the fuel station owner came out and showed me - might as well have had "Tourist" across my forehead
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:57 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Been offered a $59 a day for Corolla (new model) with Go rentals as an industry rate... Think it's pretty good!

I ahve booked!