Car Rental

Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough
Default Car Rental

Hi all,

Well in Auckland as I am, I am considering renting a car until I know where I will be working - At which point, I will buy a car!

I have been looking at places to rent from, but am wondering if anybody here can recommend a rental company, and tell me what prices to expect? They seem to start from around $25NZD/Day, but my Dad seems to think that they should start from $10NZD/day? (He claims he rented cars at this price)

Thanks, Gizzy.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car Rental

We rented at ACE last year. I think it was around your quoted price ($29 per day for a budget station wagon) but if your Dad finds a $10 option, please let me know.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:33 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gizmo27
Hi all,

Well in Auckland as I am, I am considering renting a car until I know where I will be working - At which point, I will buy a car!

I have been looking at places to rent from, but am wondering if anybody here can recommend a rental company, and tell me what prices to expect? They seem to start from around $25NZD/Day, but my Dad seems to think that they should start from $10NZD/day? (He claims he rented cars at this price)

Thanks, Gizzy.
In 2005 we rented for 3 weeks @$11 a day, was about $15 a day in 2008 for 3 week rental, this year we were quoted $39 a day for a week....price reduced for a longer rental. As OP says Ace rentals usually very competative.
B x
Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:07 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

The longer you rent, the cheaper it gets. You can hire from $10 a day, if you want to rent for 3 to 4 weeks. Short term rental usually costs from $25 to $35 a day.....don't forget the insurance!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 3:07 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Renting is dead money, if you have the means then buying sooner makes sense, unless you intend to only rent as you need??

Agree with your rates, I´ve not seen anything at $10/day over anything like a normal period....ask your dad where he rented from at that price???
Old Jun 16th 2010, 6:36 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ibex
We rented at ACE last year. I think it was around your quoted price ($29 per day for a budget station wagon) but if your Dad finds a $10 option, please let me know.
Here you go but there's a catch....you need to rent long term.......
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by simonsi
Renting is dead money, if you have the means then buying sooner makes sense, unless you intend to only rent as you need?
I do agree with you, but until I get a job and know what island I will end up on, I don't want to get a car as it would cause problems if I was to end up working on the other island!

:curse:

I basically only want to rent for a few weeks, or until I get a job.....
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:34 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree with you, but until I get a job and know what island I will end up on, I don't want to get a car as it would cause problems if I was to end up working on the other island!

:curse:

I basically only want to rent for a few weeks, or until I get a job.....
Gizmo, depending on what sort of car you get and how long you are renting for it may well be cheaper and easier to buy and take it over on the ferry. Had a quick look on costs in a couple of weeks and the ferry is $48 for foot passengers and $157 for a vehicle <1.8m long plus passenger [cheapest price].
I know it would take a lot more driving as you're in Auckland but it would mean not spending on renting when you're going to buy anyway and one less thing to sort out it you did get a job on the SI. And the scenery through the Sounds is stunning
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:14 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

used these in the past.. no complaints :-) http://www.a2brentals.co.nz/
Old Jun 17th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all. Moving on, how about buying a car I know there are websites like trade me and gumtree, but how about dealers? Would people recommend them over trade me and gumtree adverts?

Thanks!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 8:17 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
$157 for a vehicle <1.8m long plus passenger [cheapest price].
Gee, thats a small car
Old Jun 17th 2010, 8:48 am

Thanks all. Moving on, how about buying a car I know there are websites like trade me and gumtree, but how about dealers? Would people recommend them over trade me and gumtree adverts?

Thanks!
I have no worries buying a car privately but then I know what to look for. You could always get the car checked out, if you find one. There are lots of us who offer that service. It normally costs around the $100 mark, depending on how in depth you want the check to be. You then buy the car privately and save on the forecourt price from a dealer.......
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:35 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, thats a small car
What about this 1.37m!!!!

Height/ length, it just depends on your point of view
Attached Thumbnails Car Rental-4783_image001.jpg  
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:42 pm
It is what it is Member

That was a good episode!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

That was a good episode!
I still can't believe that Clarkson managed to fit into that car! haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.