British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   CAR PLATES (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/car-plates-864745/)

snaps Sep 6th 2015 8:49 am

CAR PLATES

1 Attachment(s)
New Zealand must have some of the best plates in the world, here is an example...shame it is not HULL_CITY though.

Charismatic Sep 6th 2015 10:23 am

Re: CAR PLATES

Best...worst...you be the judge.

Justcol Sep 6th 2015 11:00 am

ETH614
was a favourite of mine

Bo-Jangles Sep 6th 2015 12:17 pm

I think some of them are clever but the majority of them are a load of B011 OCKS

Some at least do a public service in providing some prior warning to others that the driver is going to be a complete A55 OLE or a PR1 CK

Pulaski Sep 6th 2015 8:43 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by snaps (Post 11741728)
New Zealand must have some of the best plates in the world, here is an example...shame it is not HULL_CITY though.

Most states in the US allow you any combination of eight characters, that isn't reserved for some reason, or on the list they deem offensive. Various spellings of bollocks are apparently not offensive. "Shag" is a type of dance so shag and shagger appear on plates - I have seen LUV2SHAG. :rofl:

This is one I saw a couple of years ago.

Sparkleydiva Sep 6th 2015 8:53 pm

My favourite I've seen here is SH1T 0T - but it was on a really rubbish old car :)

Tom H Sep 6th 2015 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by snaps (Post 11741728)

Best plates

and you use THAT as an example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disgraceful *angry face*

snaps Sep 7th 2015 4:50 am

By chance came across this today in Rotorua, the owner states only does 30-40km per year. The plate is not that interesting but the rest is. I wasn't offered a ride :(

snaps Sep 7th 2015 4:51 am

1 Attachment(s)
...here it is.

Snap Shot Sep 8th 2015 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 11741828)
I think some of them are clever but the majority of them are a load of B011 OCKS

Some at least do a public service in providing some prior warning to others that the driver is going to be a complete A55 OLE or a PR1 CK

Agree.

There's a number plate of a car I see locally: LVA P0L. Oh dear, a Liverpool supporter missing life at the Kop End, obviously.

Best one I saw was when I was holiday in NZ back in 1994: TREV0R

Others I see around are: HRD ERND i.e. hard earned. Also MAI KAR. Self explanatory.

There's a collision damage repair company vehicle around here with the number plate: OOPSY.

Some make me smile even if I can't bring them to mind just now. Some just remind me that personal number plates aka vanity plates went out of fashion some years ago. Oh wait, this is NZ.

To date the number plate that surprised me was: AUG 06. Not least that I saw it on Aug 06 last year, which is also a relative's birthday. Coincidence ? You decide.

In Britain the number plate H11 NAG made me smile as in, 'Hi, I nag'.

I also saw, 'FAT G1T' as a number plate in Britain years ago.

barnsleymat Sep 8th 2015 2:10 am

One of my neighbours has got

SCOWSA

With the standard Liverpool FC and Never Walk Alone above and below.

My favourite Football related car thing in Dunedin is a spare wheel cover someone has and on it is the Arsenal badge with the word 'GUNNA'. Tickles me every time I see it.

Mark Smith Sep 8th 2015 2:21 am

Pretty sure a local drain firm has POOMAN.

Snap Shot Sep 8th 2015 2:26 am

The car number plate of a local hospital Proctologist is: POO DOC

I'm assuming US MEDIC is an American medical practitioner as that's what's on the number plate of their vehicle.

Bo-Jangles Dec 18th 2015 8:39 am

Going back to this old thread because I was kinda shocked to see a funeral directors car with the following, which struck me as particularly crass:

Spoiler:
4RREST

Clappy Dec 19th 2015 6:53 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 11741828)

Literally.