Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Car Mayhem is getting worse in New Zealand (if thats possible)

Car Mayhem is getting worse in New Zealand (if thats possible)

Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Mayhem is getting worse in New Zealand (if thats possible)

Originally Posted by BigRod
You sure you aint *Victor Meldrew* ROFL!!!
Oh I dont BELIEVE it!

Big Rod has now joined this board to be a troll over here as well.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

And to get back to the comment, what the hell is Victor Meldrew'ish about ..
Remember NZ is an awful long way - maybe it will work for you, maybe it wont.

Personally, I feel much more comfortable in Europe, but you are right, it is hard to know what to do.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:56 am
Just Joined

BigRod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Browner_
Oh I dont BELIEVE it!
Well when you make comments like this:

Ive put my head above the parapet on the British Expats Happy Clappy forum , and there are some threads going now on Boy Racer Hoons and Gangs.
Why not offer a counterpoint to your rubbish?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Go on then
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Go on then
You imply these meet-ups of 100's of cars, and Hoons is commonplace in NZ. So why in my several years in the *capital* of NZ have I not come across it myself if it is so commonplace?

.. or do you have an agenda of your own to promote?

Myself? I don't call everyone here 'Happy Clappies' (like you) or go crowing about how many you have suckered in (like yourself). I'm a British expat who has lived here a few years and wonders about the BS you are trying to promote.

Last edited by BigRod; Mar 1st 2009 at 6:39 am.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

You imply these meet-ups of 100's of cars, and Hoons is commonplace in NZ. So why in my several years in the *capital* of NZ have I not come across it myself if it is so commonplace?

.. or do you have an agenda of your own to promote?

Myself? I don't call everyone here 'Happy Clappies' (like you) or go crowing about how many you have suckered in (like yourself). I'm a British expat who has lived here a few years and wonders about the BS you are trying to promote.

Whatever. Maybe you dont get out much.

Queen St is far too much like Brands Hatch for my liking.
It was horrid when I was there last year.

If you are trying to say that NZ doesnt have a Boy Racer/noisy car problem, then I cant be bothered to argue with you and will ignore you here as well

You must be a Happy Clappy yourself
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

If you are trying to say that NZ doesnt have a Boy Racer/noisy car problem, then I cant be bothered to argue with you and will ignore you here as well

How many times have you been in Queen Street ?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Or maybe you are promoting BS for your own agenda?

Last year? You imply its an everyday occurrence and part of everyday life for you - not true then?

NZ has some issues - but not to the extent that you make out, or are overdramatizing, hence the Victor Meldrew comment. You know what they say: 'if the cap fits ....'

No - I'm just intolerant of BS and made-up stories like the ones you spout. I also view dimly your stated objective of 'raising your head above the parapet in a 'happy clappy forum' (British Expats)'. Why not just come out and state what games you are playing?

Rod

P.S. Are you even in NZ? You seem unaware that Wellington is the capital of NZ and that Queen Street is a famous street in Auckland.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:41 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Car Mayhem is getting worse in New Zealand (if thats possible)

O dear, the point in this thread is rapidly approaching zero.

Perhaps a kind moderator will be round to lock it soon .
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:20 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well when you make comments like this:

Sorry, where is your second quote from BigRod?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It was perfectly fine for the topic 'Car Mayhem' to be debated in this thread, after all , just like many other countries NZ does have boy racer/hoon problems.

I am aware ,peoples ,that the thread was probably started with the intention to flame , however , for a few pages there did seem to be a reasoned debate within the posts , despite some personal comments being thrown around.

Unfortunately it now seems to have descended into nothing more than the continuation of an argument generated by members of another site. Shame really, as there were some quality posts within the thread .

BE is not here to act as a conduit to other forums or their issues. Cross-forum posting is not acceptable. Take your disagreements back to their source.

Thread closed as the last page is nothing but a pile of pointless crud.

.......incidentally, hoons here in Nelson did try to gain an off road area for their activities. Their application to the council was turned down on H&S grounds .