Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Car Mayhem is getting worse in New Zealand (if thats possible)

Car Mayhem is getting worse in New Zealand (if thats possible)

Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Mayhem is getting worse in New Zealand (if thats possible)

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
It's all a bit 'same shit, different bucket' for me and the missus.

Southend? Full of chavved up Nova's, boy racers, bit of agro on the weekend.

Christchurch? Full of chavved up Jap cars, boy racers, bit of agro on the weekend.
Ah, but would you emigrate to Southend, thats the point
Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:23 pm
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by southerner
Turned into a massive egg fight - nothing clean and green about that.

Definitely would not recommend immigrating to NZ.
Depends if they were free range eggs or not ........

Given that most of the rest of the world is turning to crap at the moment, where would you recommend?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
Yes I probably would had I spent 45 very insular years living in NZ. Southend is NOT that bad..just like Chch we hear people say, you have the proximtiy of London and the beauty of the Essex countryside. Sounds very tempting to me. I like Southend. Just like Chch there are places in S'end that are not 24/7 boy racer shite.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
But then so to did main street Dunedin last night after the annual student toga party. Turned into a massive egg fight - nothing clean and green about that. Definitely would not recommend immigrating to NZ.
Eggs? And the rest. But of course its just good kiwi fun to throw buckets of vomit and faeces over each other in the town centre.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Eggs? And the rest. But of course its just good kiwi fun to throw buckets of vomit and faeces over each other in the town centre.
That is really gross!

Regards your request for a bus!
For you anything!
Single decker bendy bus seems quite apt.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

OK ta.
Got a big bus?
Wotcha want a big bus for?? too many children? or made too many patched up friends whom you would like to take with you?

I live in Nelson and as you will be aware we are a bit 'behind the times' so I was going to take you on the back of my donkey or if you can't stomach animals I am happy to piggy back you....
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:49 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice
Default Riots in Dunners

Made international news. Smashed windows, poo and wee everywhere, general mindless nastiness. Yep, love for my kids to go to that uni
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jennifer45
That is really gross!

Regards your request for a bus!
For you anything!
Single decker bendy bus seems quite apt.

Getting personal arent we?

For someone who is apparently in West Yorkshire, how can you argue with my views on somewhere I have lived 6 years?

I hope you dont buy a leaky house next to gang members or racist neighbours or get taken out by a hoon when you get here, and I hope you manage to get a job earning more than $10 an hour which is at least half of the responsibility of what you had in England.

Ha Ha

You shouldnt be too smug about other peoples experiences.

As for the vomit and faeces, that was what was thrown at the fresher students in Dunedin yesterday.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Riots in Dunners

Please dont spoil the readers rose tinted view of NZ, they wont thank you for it.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Please dont spoil the readers rose tinted view of NZ, they wont thank you for it.
Hey B, we accept that YOU and others do not like living in NZ..but remeber some of us DO have good quality lives without leaky homes, gang mayhem and hoons all around. We have been here 4 years and never had any severe problems other than losing $140k in the finace melt down, but as the freshers from Dunedin know..shit happens. Anywhere and everywhere. I did not like living in the UK back in 2004/2005...I left. May i ask why do you continue to live here so unhappily? Life is way too short.

NB I do not have a rosy tinted view of NZ..its a country FULL of serious problems..just like the UK..the difference is we have a way better life here for a plethora of reasons.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:36 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

How is that the point? If it is, it's lost on me.

But to answer your question, if I didn't like it here I would. It would be me going back to where I'd come from, as Southend wasn't the reason for me to leave in the first place.

Have you thought of doing this yourself as I am picking up on a general feeling of dissatisfaction with NZ from your posts?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Genesis
Hey B, we accept that YOU and others do not like living in NZ..but remeber some of us DO have good quality lives without leaky homes, gang mayhem and hoons all around. We have been here 4 years and never had any severe problems other than losing $140k in the finace melt down, but as the freshers from Dunedin know..shit happens. Anywhere and everywhere. I did not like living in the UK back in 2004/2005...I left. May i ask why do you continue to live here so unhappily? Life is way too short.

NB I do not have a rosy tinted view of NZ..its a country FULL of serious problems..just like the UK..the difference is we have a way better life here for a plethora of reasons.
No, Im sure you do.

But you live in Palmerston North!

It may suit you, but are you gonna tempt those upwardly mobile expats?

Why do I live here? Well I have NZ wife and kids for a start.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
How is that the point? If it is, it's lost on me.

But to answer your question, if I didn't like it here I would. It would be me going back to where I'd come from, as Southend wasn't the reason for me to leave in the first place.

Have you thought of doing this yourself as I am picking up on a general feeling of dissatisfaction with NZ from your posts?
The point I was making here specifically, and a more general point in my other posts, is that if things aint gonna be better in NZ, why move half way round the world?

For our friend in Palmerston North, things obviously are, bless him, and good luck to him.

But plenty of people have encountered problems well beyond their anticipation, even I had glasses that were well too rose tinted, I accept that.

Its a long way to come for a mistake. I could have moved to Kent much easier.

Thats the point of a forum, to pass on experiences. I aint here to meet you guys and invite you round to dinner.

Although maybe thats what this forum is partly for, cos the kiwis aint gonna ask you round to dinner.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:08 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by Genesis

And some of us don't like living here so na na na na na I'm going to throw a bucket of poo over your head
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

This is in danger of going off-topic.

The post is about the Boy Racer and Hoon culture in NZ.

If you think that the following are desirable attributes of your target country for emigration, tick New Zealand.

- Having a 4 inch exhaust that makes your car 4 times as loud as normal is seen as the ultimate social accolade

- Driving such as car like a dickhead, even street racing, especially late at night, or in groups of 100+ cars gains extra bonus points

- A large percentage of the population , even the police, thinks such behaviour is acceptable

Otherwise I have nothing further to say on the matter. Honest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.