Car Help

Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:36 am
Just Joined

MarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to allMarkMcKeown is a name known to all
Default Car Help

Hey everyone,

I moved to NZ earlier in the year. Bought a car when I arrived but now it's having problems. Currently it won't start, possibly a dead battery but may be the starter. Tried to jump it with no success.

I had roadside recovery in the UK but not here (yet). I'm thinking of joining the AA anyway as it would be useful to have in the future but I'm not sure if they will attend to call-outs at your home, does anyone know?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a recovery company or a mechanic that will attend a 'one-off' call out to fix your car? I live in the Mt Eden area of Auckland.

Need to get this car on the road again. I don't have the means to tow it to mechanic.

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:47 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Help

join the AA they do all the same things as in the UK. I think you choose your cover type. just check the website.

they have been out to me twice, once at home when the car wouldn't start, one guy came and checked the car over, said it was the battery and ordered the battery replacement man (also from AA) all was sorted within 2 hours. Next time was just down the road from my house, wheel deflated, had a puncture arrived within 40mins and replaced.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Give Tyrone a call at Lynfield Automotive on 09-627 4054 if you need a workshop. Good honest guy.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Had to get the AA yesterday (Sunday afternoon) when a belt snapped just as I driving down the street.
Got back home, parked up, phoned AA who were here in less than 20 minutes.

Advised to phone AA first thing Monday morning and they would tow me to the repair garage.

Phoned AA this morning and tow truck here in 15 minutes.

Belt repaired and garage dropped car back off to my home.
Now that's service all round.

Gill