Car dealers

Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

dave8217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car dealers

Hi, We have just booked our oneway flights to NZ for the end of August 2011, can't wait. Can any body recommend some good honest car dealers in the Auckland area. We will be looking to purchase 2 second hand cars. We have noticed that NZ has a large amount of cars imported from Japan. Are these a good buy, my wife and I have both been looking on trademe and seen models of car we like. Niether car can be found in the UK as we would like something different. Does anyone have, or know if the nissan skyline 250gt and the toyota voltz are good buys.
Very exited and scared, 10 months is not a long time. Any help please.

Thanks dave

Last edited by dave8217; Nov 9th 2010 at 1:42 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:40 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car dealers

Originally Posted by dave8217 View Post
Hi, We have just booked our oneway flights to NZ for the end of August 2011, can't wait. Can any body recommend some good honest car dealers in the Auckland area. We will be looking to purchase 2 second hand cars. We have noticed that NZ has a large amount of cars imported from Japan. Are these a good buy, my wife and I have both been looking on trademe and seen models of car we like. Niether car can be found in the UK as we would like something different. Does anyone have, or know if the nissan skyline 250gt and the toyota voltz are good buys.
Very exited and scared, 10 months is not a long time. Any help please.

Thanks dave
Try and avoid the Skyline...they tend to be cars owned by kids and any car that has been in the hands of a 15 yr old will have been modified and thrashed..
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:21 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
Try and avoid the Skyline...
Ditto, most nicked car model in NZ apparantly....IIRC
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

dave8217 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirplug View Post
Try and avoid the Skyline...they tend to be cars owned by kids and any car that has been in the hands of a 15 yr old will have been modified and thrashed..
Is the skyline you are talking about the old brick shaped one or the 2002 onwards one. I would have thought the 2002 onwards would not appeal to the young driver as it looks fairly bland
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:39 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave8217 View Post
Is the skyline you are talking about the old brick shaped one or the 2002 onwards one. I would have thought the 2002 onwards would not appeal to the young driver as it looks fairly bland
It's not the look but the power and price they buy them for!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

voltz is basically a corrola verso.
Skylines are boy racer cars and will have been thrashed
either here or in japan