Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Captain Pugwash...

Captain Pugwash...

Old Sep 10th 2005, 5:20 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice
Default Captain Pugwash...

Whenever people get together, they always end up reminiscing about the old days. Just the other day I was talking about Captain Pugwash for example.
It was a kids programme in the 70's and it was about a pirate (obviously) and his ship, The Black Pig. The best bit was his crew. There was Master Bates, Seaman Stains and not forgetting Roger the cabinboy....how the hell this ever got aired is beyond me, but it still makes me laugh out loud now.

So this is directed at all those that have or are about to take the big plunge and move to NZ, What do you miss, or what do you think you'll miss about life on this sceptered Isle? A brand of tea? Biccies? TV? You tell me!!! What can I expect to be craving as soon as I step foot on the land of the long white cloud?
Old Sep 10th 2005, 5:36 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Captain Pugwash...

Originally Posted by Den13
Whenever people get together, they always end up reminiscing about the old days. Just the other day I was talking about Captain Pugwash for example.
It was a kids programme in the 70's and it was about a pirate (obviously) and his ship, The Black Pig. The best bit was his crew. There was Master Bates, Seaman Stains and not forgetting Roger the cabinboy....how the hell this ever got aired is beyond me, but it still makes me laugh out loud now.

So this is directed at all those that have or are about to take the big plunge and move to NZ, What do you miss, or what do you think you'll miss about life on this sceptered Isle? A brand of tea? Biccies? TV? You tell me!!! What can I expect to be craving as soon as I step foot on the land of the long white cloud?
Ahh it was urban myth, Victor lewis Smith had something to do with spreading it. The names were...Master Mate, Tom the Cabin Boy, and Pirates Barnabas and Willy.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/pugwash.htm
Old Sep 10th 2005, 6:45 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone remember "Marine boy" and his arch rival "Rotcorddam" thats mad doctor spelt backwards.......

Used to be on just before crossroads :scared:
Old Sep 10th 2005, 6:47 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Anyone remember "Marine boy" and his arch rival "Rotcorddam" thats mad doctor spelt backwards.......

Used to be on just before crossroads :scared:
Was he the one with the oxygen tablets?
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

Then there's Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds (doing a re-run at the mo) pinkie and perky, bagpus, postman pat : anymore for anymore?? Fireman Sam, Trumpton and the list can go on! I bet you can tell how old I am!!!
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by JoannaD
Then there's Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds (doing a re-run at the mo) pinkie and perky, bagpus, postman pat : anymore for anymore?? Fireman Sam, Trumpton and the list can go on! I bet you can tell how old I am!!!
Supercar and Fireball XL5, Bill and Ben and Muffin the Mule (now illegal in 36 states) I'm a bit older
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:14 pm
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Supercar and Fireball XL5, Bill and Ben and Muffin the Mule (now illegal in 36 states) I'm a bit older
Was it Zooney in XL5?
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:18 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Captain Pugwash...

Nobody mentioned the Wooden Tops and watch with mother - now how long ago was that, but good times, no responsibility, and watching wooden people do strange things with a dog - think it was spotty dog - also anyone remember Twizzle and Sarah Brown and Hoppity - Ohhh I wish I was five again - viewing was so much better than Big Brother!!
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

JoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant futureJoannaD has a brilliant future

how about

Trumpton (yes I can remember it, oh how good was that?) Zoonie in fireball XL5 then Dr Who came on. I always remember hiding behind the sofa...

Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

[And of course Stingray d..d...d...der Troy Tempest et al
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:28 pm

Nobody mentioned the Wooden Tops and watch with mother - now how long ago was that, but good times, no responsibility, and watching wooden people do strange things with a dog - think it was spotty dog - also anyone remember Twizzle and Sarah Brown and Hoppity - Ohhh I wish I was five again - viewing was so much better than Big Brother!!
Sara Brown has a toy as naughty can be
And he'll start to sing if you wind-up his key
He'll sing and he'll dance, all over the floor
And when he stands still then you wind him some more

Dear old Hoppity, naughty Hoppity
There is no toy more naughty than he
Dear old Hoppity, clever Hoppity
He sings 'Diddlee-Dum' and he sings 'Diddlee-Dee'

Last edited by gruffbrown; Sep 10th 2005 at 7:34 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:31 pm
Nice Tats

Just Brill - that song has bought it all back as if were yesterday...

I remember a strange song from the wooden tops about 'whats for dinner today - straw and hay, straw and hay' - obviously had some strange profound effect on me !!!
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:33 pm

Just Brill - that song has bought it all back as if were yesterday...

I remember a strange song from the wooden tops about 'whats for dinner today - straw and hay, straw and hay' - obviously had some strange profound effect on me !!!
'This is a story about the Woodentops.
There was Mummy Woodentop and the baby and Daddy Woodentop.
And then there were Willie and Jenny, the twins.
And Mrs Scrubit who comes to help Mummy.
And Sam who helps Daddy Woodentop.
And last of all, the very biggest spotty dog you ever did see.
And they all live together in a little house in the country'
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:33 pm
Make pumps lots......

Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:34 pm
Nice Tats

Wink Re: Captain Pugwash...

And does anyone remember Mary Mungo and Midge - pure genius - all about a little girl that lived in a hig rise ( obviously a sign of the times - brainwashing on how to live in futuristic UK) a dog and a mouse, Wow!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.