Canterbury Region

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Fayebalina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canterbury Region

Hi all, my family are looking at moving to NZ within the next 5 years. We have never been but love the look of Canterbury. We dont want to actually live in Christchurch but are looking at that being our workplace! I know it is called the canterbury flats but is it actually flat? I like an element of hills! If anyone can povide any info/facts about the area including weather and activities it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Faye xxx
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canterbury Region

There are some hills near Christchurch if thats your thing.

However, I suggest that there are quite a few other things you need to find out about the area before you decide if you want to live there or not.

It aint the Cotswolds
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Fayebalina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canterbury Region

Originally Posted by Browner_ View Post
There are some hills near Christchurch if thats your thing.

However, I suggest that there are quite a few other things you need to find out about the area before you decide if you want to live there or not.

It aint the Cotswolds
Hi, yeah I appreciate the other things i need to find out but hey I have to start somewhere hence why i am doing this now...5 years prior to us oming out there! But if you ould offer any advice on those other things it would be great. The reason why i asked about the hills is beause I am living in Gloucester uk and the area was severely flooded last year....dont want to move somewhere with the same problem!

Faye xxxx