Canstaff

Old Nov 25th 2013, 5:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canstaff

Originally Posted by BEVS
If you have no health issues and nothing to show up on a police check then go it alone with the visas.
We can help guide you although we can't advise you .

If the contract is for a fixed term - i.e. a year. Then it will be a temporary essential skill work visa. You would apply for a partner/open work visa on the back of this and your children , student visas. Temp. visas are renewable but you do need to reapply and pay all over again.

If the contract is for 2 years, the employer on the NZIS accredited list and the annual earnings $55K you could go for work to residence.

Once you were here and working and if you had enough points under the skilled migrant category , you could in theory go for NZ residency.

That's just the bones of it really.

Guys. I think I have that right. Correct if I have inadvertently written something wrong please.
Sounds good to me!

Would just add that temp visas are renewable as long as the job is still in demand. So if anyone is wanting to stay on a long term or permanent basis then going for residency sooner rather than later is better.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

oceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant future

Ok so Job offer is in ..... DECISION time , Not as much money as first thought so im going to use my sales experience and negotiate.. It might work :S
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Susan75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

oceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Susan75
Good luck

Thank you i feel i may need it
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by oceane01
Ok so Job offer is in ..... DECISION time , Not as much money as first thought so im going to use my sales experience and negotiate.. It might work :S
Bargaining is the norm so no harm at all in trying.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

yeah thats what i though Bevs . So i spoke to them today and they are going to get back to me !!! Apparently because it is majority Insurance work it is a set rate , Did you haggle Jonnesey ?

Fingers crossed , I said i would do some calculations and they said we would speak Monday , Not that hopeful to be honest . Also found out it will be Christchurch based !!
Old Nov 29th 2013, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

ywool is an unknown quantity at this point

oh dear sounds as if they are chancing their arm...if the rate was that good they wouldn't need to look overseas...fingers crossed...was it very much lower than you were expecting?? I know we were told trades were between 25 and 30 nzd depending on experience
Old Nov 30th 2013, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

When they offered me the contract it wasn't for the money I was looking for. I was told that a typical working week is longer than what was stated in my contract of 40hrs. 45 is more typical. I emailed back and forth for a week but the pay offered wasn't increased although I have been told that the pay will increase after 3 months.
The pay is fair to what is on offer out here weather it will increase I'm not sure about. I have worked more than 40 hrs each week but only once have I worked more than the 45 hrs that I have asked for.
It is more expensive to live out here especially for a family, there's no way I could support a family just off the wage that I'm getting
Old Nov 30th 2013, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ywool
oh dear sounds as if they are chancing their arm...if the rate was that good they wouldn't need to look overseas...fingers crossed...was it very much lower than you were expecting?? I know we were told trades were between 25 and 30 nzd depending on experience
Yes i think they are too . Have you heard anything as yet ? Its not about the money but we have to make sure it is cost effective for us one thing i have learnt from people on here is to make sure we can maintain our standard of life .
Old Nov 30th 2013, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

They didnt mention any increase to us , My oh is a grafter so he tends to do as much work as is thrown at him and more , I wonder ... How does doing work for yourself etc at weekends work ?? foreigners so to speak ??
Old Dec 1st 2013, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that there will be many foreigners because we seem to be doing stuff that isn't earthquake damage anyway. If people can get there jobs done in the eqc reports then they won't have to pay for them out of their own pockets
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Hmmm good point
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

They have sent me an email saying they are looknng for plumbers and have interviews coming up soon, sent them back to ask to be considered any tips on the interview. Preparation etc

Wardy
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 5:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
They have sent me an email saying they are looknng for plumbers and have interviews coming up soon, sent them back to ask to be considered any tips on the interview. Preparation etc

Wardy
for you wardy_1990
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks BEVS you have been a great help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.