Canstaff

Old Nov 13th 2013, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

oceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Canstaff

Everything ok so here goes . They are talking fast time scales like 3 months to get over there , Would you say this is about right ? Also my husband is a painter and decorator , how are they getting on over there ? They say they give you 2 weeks accommodation ?How much does the accommodation cost and what kind is it ? Did you have to pay them any fee at all ? What else did they help you with and what sort of contract do you have and for how long ? Also how are you finding it ???? Thank you so much
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

oceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant future

Also what volt are the power tools working off on the sites and is it worth bringing the van over 2011 ford transit , Cheers
Old Nov 13th 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

Right ok, the 3 month thing can work! I was out here in that time but I came out here on my own. It depends how long you were looking at coming out here for. I got a 12 month essential skills visa which is easier and quicker to get. If you get a two year one then you have to get medicals done and the process takes longer.
Canstaff have an immigration company that can help you and they will even do all your paper work for you, it's not cheap but you know it will be right and not keep getting sent back.
I'm a joiner so I don't know how the painters are getting on. All I know is at the minute most of the work I have done is focused around the council properties repairing quake damage so there's a good chance that's what he is needed for.
Canstaff offer an orientation package where they can get you cheaper flights with double baggage allowance, pick you up from the airport and drop you at your digs, sort your accommodation out for you, help you set up your tax number and bank account. They don't charge you for this either.
The accommodation is for however long you want, you can all stay there as well just keep paying for it. My died are with an old lady and she is ace I get really looked after where as some of the other lads I know don't like where they stay.
All of this though will get explained in your interview when you go, you can both go to it by the way.
The van would be handy to bring over but I'd be tempted to leave it there until you know what it's like over here. You don't want to have to move it over then move it back it you don't like it. Cars and vans are stupid expensive for the age and condition they are in. I sold my 56 plate focus with 60,000 miles for 2.5k before I came out. That car over here would get me $12k!!
Hope this helps
Old Nov 13th 2013, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh they are also guaranteeing you 12 months work. Even if your not working they will pay you 35 hours a week.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Fabulous . You are invaluable at the moment , Such a worry with these companies that they are not what they say , Chad has only owned his van 2 weeks and i think he would be gutted to leave it at home , As with his tools , Loves them more than me and the kids , Priced flights and were looking at 4k for the five of us
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

They will explain everything when you meet the girl in Liverpool you get the interview with. If you take the orientation package then you will get cheaper flights through their partnership travel agent. I only paid 730 quid for my flight. Cost a bit to get my tools out here like but your better off safe than sorry and bring them with you.
It would be a shame to bring the van and wait for a few months to get it here then decide you don't like it to have to send it back.
It's very strange over here, very quiet and everything is scattered about like bars etc because there is nothing going on in the cit centre
Old Nov 17th 2013, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonesy115
It's very strange over here, very quiet and everything is scattered about like bars etc because there is nothing going on in the cit centre
Use this to help find where things are - http://findchch.com/
Old Nov 17th 2013, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

ywool is an unknown quantity at this point

We had interview in Derry on Thursday, hubby is a plumber and were told that it would take two weeks before we hear anything....is this the norm...also have three teenage daughters travelling with us when and if we get a job and worried that with the rebuild there might not be much nightlife for them..although in hindsight that could be a good thing...what are rents like and which areas are good for commute ect
Old Nov 17th 2013, 7:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ywool
We had interview in Derry on Thursday, hubby is a plumber and were told that it would take two weeks before we hear anything...
What visa are they thinking of for you & find out if the employer is 'accredited'.

Plumbers are not on the Canterbury Shortage List AFAIK so you need to have the chat about how you would gain NZ residence to stay long term.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ywool
We had interview in Derry on Thursday, hubby is a plumber and were told that it would take two weeks before we hear anything....is this the norm...also have three teenage daughters travelling with us when and if we get a job and worried that with the rebuild there might not be much nightlife for them..although in hindsight that could be a good thing...what are rents like and which areas are good for commute ect
Hi Yes we had our interview on Monday (Hubby nearly fell through the floor when they said they were going to record him ) Yes 2 weeks is normal as they then send your zip over to NZ to be assessed , Though Monday night we had visa people on the phone , Victoria ..not impressed i emailed her some questions and still not had answers . I didnt think the interview was as informative as id of liked , We got a lot of .. We will get back to you on that . Our references have been checked so should hear in next couple of weeks , did they ask you for a date you would be prepared to leave ?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

We have said we will not make any decisions yet , feel we need a little more time to look into this and see what contract they come up with . Jonesy did she answer many of your questions at interview ? My oh walked out of there and said "Well i want much more info than that "
Old Nov 21st 2013, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

They also talked about job offers in Waimate and timaru and dunedin ???
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hey, yeah the filing through me a bit too but the people you will work for do actually watch the film. I've had a few laughs about how awkward I looked on it. I had questions that the girl couldn't answer and she did get back to me pretty quickly I also emailed the contact in New Zealand that I has at Canstaff who was able to answer more questions for me.
Victoria at heartland did my visa application for me, she is hard to get hold of because she is an independent agent. I could go a week or more before hearing from her.
Can help with what questions you have.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by oceane01
They also talked about job offers in Waimate and timaru and dunedin ???
Hi, what profession is your husband in? My poor OH nearly died when they told him about the video too....have spoken to agents in Derry today and they have reassured me that it is normal to have to wait for up to 2 weeks for reply....guess we are just impatient now that we have made move to go and with four daughters all in agreement to come I guess I'm worried that they will change their minds before everything gets finalised...I guess we just assumed that there would be a job offer at interview....how silly of us....are you determined to go to Christchurch or are you open to other areas...I think I would prefer Christchurch with the girls and feel there will be more opportunities for employment for me there...we moved to the country seven years ago and while it has been wonderful I am craving city living again
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonesy115
Hey, yeah the filing through me a bit too but the people you will work for do actually watch the film. I've had a few laughs about how awkward I looked on it. I had questions that the girl couldn't answer and she did get back to me pretty quickly I also emailed the contact in New Zealand that I has at Canstaff who was able to answer more questions for me.
Victoria at heartland did my visa application for me, she is hard to get hold of because she is an independent agent. I could go a week or more before hearing from her.
Can help with what questions you have.
what kind of visa did you get? and are you glad you made the move? Whats cost of living like? and what is accommodation like? sorry for all questions..girls want to know what nightlife is like??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.