Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is cannabis on the menu

Is cannabis on the menu

Old Nov 24th 2016, 11:05 pm
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 179
hottoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is cannabis on the menu

Ah the New Zealand section one of my favorite locations however on surfing the internet regarding latest data regarding climatology around the Australia and New Zealand location i came upon facts about New Zealand just by chance really however after reading i thought i would share for an opinion.? (1) The N.Z courts banned a couple from naming their child 4real in the end they named him superman
(2) In N.Z a man broke into a radio station taking the manager hostage demanding they play the Muppet song
(3) N.Z has one of the Worlds highest usages of cannabis.I wonder if these three facts are correlated.?
hottoddy is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 12:07 am
  #2  
*********
 
Catchafire's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Up in dem hills.........
Posts: 1,451
Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by hottoddy View Post
(1) The N.Z courts banned a couple from naming their child 4real in the end they named him superman
(2) In N.Z a man broke into a radio station taking the manager hostage demanding they play the Muppet song
(3) N.Z has one of the Worlds highest usages of cannabis.I wonder if these three facts are correlated.?
Um....No

But if they had everyone in Parliament compulsory consuming cannabis. Then I am sure we would have subsidised pizza delivery, the worlds longest slide (from the top of Mt Cook) and the worlds biggest water balloon launcher capable of hitting a target in Sydney (watch out Tim, sitting on your balcony overlooking the Opera House and your smug Instagram pics).
Catchafire is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 5:51 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Timmy Chch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Chch
Posts: 131
Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

I knew nz would be pretty high (ha ha) up the ganga usage list. Joint (ha ha) 3rd highest amongst the 'white' countries I make it...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_cannabis_use_by_country
Timmy Chch is online now  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 6:27 pm
  #4  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 179
hottoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by Catchafire View Post
Um....No

But if they had everyone in Parliament compulsory consuming cannabis. Then I am sure we would have subsidised pizza delivery, the worlds longest slide (from the top of Mt Cook) and the worlds biggest water balloon launcher capable of hitting a target in Sydney (watch out Tim, sitting on your balcony overlooking the Opera House and your smug Instagram pics).
Well N.Z might not have subsidized pizza but per population it is second only to the U.S for McDonald's shops
hottoddy is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 6:38 pm
  #5  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 179
hottoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch View Post
I knew nz would be pretty high (ha ha) up the ganga usage list. Joint (ha ha) 3rd highest amongst the 'white' countries I make it...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annu...use_by_country

Its probable the number one topic in all the local garden clubs
hottoddy is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 9:14 pm
  #6  
*********
 
Catchafire's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Up in dem hills.........
Posts: 1,451
Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by hottoddy View Post
Well N.Z might not have subsidized pizza but per population it is second only to the U.S for McDonald's shops
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...;s_restaurants

Actually its 20 on the list.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way!
Catchafire is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 10:36 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
mickey_d's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Hawkes Bay
Posts: 1,302
mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by Catchafire View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...;s_restaurants

Actually its 20 on the list.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way!
He's Right
Attached Thumbnails Is cannabis on the menu-macs.jpg  
mickey_d is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 10:40 pm
  #8  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 179
hottoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by Catchafire View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...;s_restaurants

Actually its 20 on the list.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way!
Well on this link it says second per capita How many McDonald's are there in New Zealand? - Answers.com
hottoddy is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 10:42 pm
  #9  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 179
hottoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by mickey_d View Post
He's Right
Is he.? How many McDonald's are there in New Zealand
hottoddy is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 11:15 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
mickey_d's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Hawkes Bay
Posts: 1,302
mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by hottoddy View Post
I was saying you were right, I attached a picture
mickey_d is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2016, 11:33 pm
  #11  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 179
hottoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by mickey_d View Post
I was saying you were right, I attached a picture
Oh OK dear person but to be fair some sites do give different information.And i thought you were posting the opposite please forgive my error.
hottoddy is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2016, 4:53 am
  #12  
Truth is the safest lie.
 
Charismatic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: @ the beach.
Posts: 6,473
Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Probably because McDonalds are a real estate company and New Zealand has been a huge one way bet on property.

How did we get from cannabis to McDonalds? Are McCafe 'going Dutch?'
Charismatic is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2016, 6:14 am
  #13  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 179
hottoddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
Probably because McDonalds are a real estate company and New Zealand has been a huge one way bet on property.

How did we get from cannabis to McDonalds? Are McCafe 'going Dutch?'
That`s the nature of some threads to twist and turn until they fade and die.
hottoddy is offline  
Old Dec 6th 2016, 1:36 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,252
Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by hottoddy View Post
Ah the New Zealand section one of my favorite locations however on surfing the internet regarding latest data regarding climatology around the Australia and New Zealand location i came upon facts about New Zealand just by chance really however after reading i thought i would share for an opinion.? (1) The N.Z courts banned a couple from naming their child 4real in the end they named him superman
(2) In N.Z a man broke into a radio station taking the manager hostage demanding they play the Muppet song
(3) N.Z has one of the Worlds highest usages of cannabis.I wonder if these three facts are correlated.?
Sounds like an uber cool place. I guess I am very lucky I live in such a place eh? Would like to see cannabis decriminalised so all good there, love The Muppets and as for Superman? Nah, I would have gone for 'Dan Dare'. a bit more retro and I wear his tee shirt with great pride.
Genesis is offline  
Old Dec 6th 2016, 1:42 am
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,252
Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is cannabis on the menu

Originally Posted by hottoddy View Post
Well N.Z might not have subsidized pizza but per population it is second only to the U.S for McDonald's shops
Do you like McDonalds? I don't and I just avoid them. There are about 8 food outlets of this ilk in my town, but I don't think they make day to day life any worse.

You seem to be researching lots about this little backwater. Are you planning a trip or possible permanent relocation here? Not sure why else you would do such strange research.

Other than try to wind others up? Which one is it?
Genesis is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.