Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can our dog come too??

Can our dog come too??

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can our dog come too??

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Thanks - will have a look at this one.

look at this one too, if you haven't already
http://www.passportforpets.co.uk/
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppets
look at this one too, if you haven't already
http://www.passportforpets.co.uk/
Thanks for this link - just had a quick look at it - lots of info on it, looks like a good one to consider. Have you used them? Donna
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:06 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this link - just had a quick look at it - lots of info on it, looks like a good one to consider. Have you used them? Donna
I filled out on-line quote with airpets on Monday night and got comprehensive quote today in post with lots of helpful info. Quote for the two is just under £5,800 plus £480 if we want them picked up from Cornwall. It would be more for having them board at kennels for longer than one day before flight. The tests etc they will need will be about another £400 but they will liase with your vet and make sure the timing is spot on etc. They are only a mile or so from Heathrow airport. Really quite impressed, top of my list thus far!

Hubby suggested going with DannyF's idea about getting our car nicked and burnt out, but leaving the dogs in it at the time. Sick, cruel, heartless man!! Luckily he was only joking, before anyone takes deep offense!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: Can our dog come too??

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I filled out on-line quote with airpets on Monday night and got comprehensive quote today in post with lots of helpful info. Quote for the two is just under £5,800 plus £480 if we want them picked up from Cornwall. It would be more for having them board at kennels for longer than one day before flight. The tests etc they will need will be about another £400 but they will liase with your vet and make sure the timing is spot on etc. They are only a mile or so from Heathrow airport. Really quite impressed, top of my list thus far!

Hubby suggested going with DannyF's idea about getting our car nicked and burnt out, but leaving the dogs in it at the time. Sick, cruel, heartless man!! Luckily he was only joking, before anyone takes deep offense!
What's the problem with the blokes is it a macho thing to complain about the cash. Donna and I would have gladly paid to take both our dogs but our old one had to be put down yesterday. I am the bloke in the house and I don't mind saying I am gutted.
Tell him to put up and shut up.
Let us know if you have any more luck with some more quotes . Cheers Martin & Donna.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

What's the problem with the blokes is it a macho thing to complain about the cash. Donna and I would have gladly paid to take both our dogs but our old one had to be put down yesterday. I am the bloke in the house and I don't mind saying I am gutted.
Let us know if you have any more luck with some more quotes . Cheers Martin & Donna.
Sorry to hear 'bout the dog bro. Never had 1 but even get upset if my mates have died. Don't get the same bond with the cat-Garfield producers got it bang on-they don't care long as they're fed. Very similar to children in that sense.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

No mcuddy it's not a macho thing its a cash thing, us poor blokes have to work our nuts off just to keep the lazy buggers lying around all day licking their plums, but at least they're pleased to see you - not like the cats, think yersel lucky yer nae taking a horse!!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:34 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodlea
No mcuddy it's not a macho thing its a cash thing, us poor blokes have to work our nuts off just to keep the lazy buggers lying around all day licking their plums, but at least they're pleased to see you - not like the cats, think yersel lucky yer nae taking a horse!!
We told daughter that her pony was too old to fly - which I think he is, he's 14 we think! Promised her new one when we've made it out in NZ! (Cue - be lazy arse & not make it!)