Software Developer(4 years exp).
Computer Science Graduation.
IELTS:6.5
Bangladesh

wife is also CSE graduate.
IELTS:5.5
2+ years job experience.

m i elegible?
i used the point indicator got 135 marks.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can I apply...for skilled migrataion in NZ ..Please give sugession

If you have the points and can fulfill the NZIS requirements regarding qualifications , work experience , english language etc , then at 135 points you can submit an EOI.

Please note that your qualification will need to be assessed by NZQA. You need to show proof of English language standard via IELTS which I am sure you already know
Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

ishshor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
If you have the points and can fulfill the NZIS requirements regarding qualifications , work experience , english language etc , then at 135 points you can submit an EOI.

Please note that your qualification will need to be assessed by NZQA. You need to show proof of English language standard via IELTS which I am sure you already know
thank you for ur reply..
im just taking spacilist opinion before applying...
Do u suggest me to apply in newzealand..?
Can you tell me about the job field of Software development in Newzealand...

Thankz in Advance..
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:36 pm
`

It's up to you if you want to apply or not. No-one can decide that for you

Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

I know its up to me...
but i asked for a sugession....
is there any possibility to be refused with 135 points.. after sending EOI
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:56 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ishshor
I know its up to me...
but i asked for a sugession....
is there any possibility to be refused with 135 points.. after sending EOI
Yes, your points will be verified that they are calculated correctly. If you qualification needs to be assessed then it may come back as not sufficient. So yes it is possible to be refused even with an EOI claiming 135pts.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

ive authentic Graguatation from a state university ..4 years job experience as software developer...
which is in future growth area...
but im confused about absolute skilled storage..is It in this categegory?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:41 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

ive authentic Graguatation from a state university ..4 years job experience as software developer...
which is in future growth area...
but im confused about absolute skilled storage..is It in this categegory?
No, IT is not in absolute skills shortage, it is in long term growth....IF I have understood your post correctly.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
No, IT is not in absolute skills shortage, it is in long term growth....IF I have understood your post correctly.
can u give a link of long term growth....
do i get any point from here...?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

With all due respect "ishshor" being a graduate you should really be able to work this one out!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:15 pm
`

ive authentic Graguatation from a state university
....which may need NZQA assessment depending on which country you gained the qualification in.

You will also need to pass IELTS.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:40 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by BEVS
You will also need to pass IELTS.
Is the 6.5 that he quotes in the OP a pass????? Seems to have gone downhill since then if it is (was?)
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Ishshor: It is against NZ law to offer any specific immigration advice for anyone else without being a qualified and registered immigration agent/lawyer. Nobody here can say you whether you should apply or not -we can only give you very general advice like how the process normally goes (NZQA assessment may be needed etc). Your personal circumstances will be a major factor, and nobody else can advice you on that.

You must familiarize yourself with the requirements and terminology
at the NZIS website. There are good explanations what consitutes which category and what level of education & work experience you must have to apply within a certain profession. For example, for most IT professions, the requirement is at least a bachelor's level degree (equivalent to NZ bachelor's and verified by NZQA) AND at least 3 years of work experience. You must fulfill all of the conditions to qualify.

Other things that will affect your application are your health, your and your wife's English skills (the IELTS score must be above a certain mark), any close family you might have here etc. etc. They too can all be explained in the NZIS web pages. In general, the more points you have in the end (but only claimed according to the rules and definitions on the NZIS website), the better chance you have of being accepted. In some cases hiring an immigration advisor OR an immigration lawyer might be a good idea.

May I suggest that you spend some quality time reading trough the NZIS website and the instructions very carefully, especially the definitions like what is a long-term skills shortage and what absolute skills shortage means. You can only apply for a visa for a certain number of times, so wasting a chance due to lack of familiarisation with the requirements is not a good idea. Good luck!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:46 pm
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Mgee
Ishshor: It is against NZ law to offer any specific immigration advice for anyone else without being a qualified and registered immigration agent/lawyer.
Not quite, just to be clear, from the Immigration Advisors Authority (this is the NZ govt website):

www.iaa.govt.nz/migrants/index.html

"Who is exempt from licensing?

People who can provide immigration advice without a licence include:

* those who provide immigration advice in an informal or family context only, so long as the advice is not provided systematically or for a fee
; "

So advice on this website is informal and not for a fee, so is exempt. We shouldn't scare people off giving responses. NZ haven't made it illegal to speak to strangers on a bus regarding immigration matters, which is about as formal as forums get
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

Informal/general yes, specific, no. If you read my second sentence, you see that I was referring to the OP's question of whether he should apply or not and to his requests of giving specific answers about him getting/not getting certain points, based on the very inadequate information he gave us. I'm happy to let any advisor find that out for a fee, but doubt that anyone here can or indeed is allowed to comment on individual circumstances like that. We can't promise anyone any points or a certain outcome. I'm all in favour giving friendly advice and support, but that was not really what I was referring or what the OP was asking for.

My point was that no-one should expect this forum to solve their immigration issues -especially if the person in question hasn't familiarised him/herself with the issues at all. We can offer informal/general advice, but for any specific situations, the persons in question should do the basic work themselves OR hire an immigration advisor/lawyer to do that on their behalf.

*edit. Actually a few websites (an immy forum, a blog) were/are in trouble with NZIS for offering too detailed immigration advice, so forums aren't completely exempt from the rule even though they're free. As long as the advice is general and informal it is OK, but the immy forum got into trouble for offering too detailed, specific case related, advice, which the OP really was after.

Last edited by Mgee; Feb 7th 2011 at 10:28 pm. Reason: addition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.