Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can anyone sell nz to my 16 yr old?

Can anyone sell nz to my 16 yr old?

Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can anyone sell nz to my 16 yr old?

My 16 yr old son isnt to keen on the idea of a move to nz.
he's not really looked at any ifo we have at home and i think he kinda hoping it all fizzles out.
has anyone had similar problems with their kids? how can i sell it to him?
he's not at all the outdoorsy type so i cant use that one.
he's into live bands & indie guitar music. is there a good music scene in nz?
any ideas welcome.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone sell nz to my 16 yr old?

Originally Posted by colandros
he's not really looked at any ifo we have at home and i think he kinda hoping it all fizzles out.
any ideas welcome.

Have sent you a PM.
My son was 19yrs old when we arrived, was a bassist in a heavy meal band in UK for 4 yrs. We live in Wellington & there is a good music scene in terms of live bands. But you can't compare to UK, but you can adjust. Jamie has hooked up with a band here. Porirua polytech offers a good music course - probably no better or worse than the Music Diploma he did at Newcastle.
He keeps in touch with his mates via Myspace & e mail. He has a different life here - he's so chilled, he's like a hippy kid.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:14 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by colandros
any ideas welcome.
??

Last edited by mingusdynasty; Jul 15th 2007 at 4:49 am. Reason: no idea wtf I was on about
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:41 am
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

If you find the answer...i have got two girls, 10 and 8, whom even the mention of New Zealand, gets them crying and running for cover!
HELP!!!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Kerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to allKerry W is a name known to all

I wish I could be of some help... my daughter is now 16 and is over here to visit us for a month. We tried for 3 years to persuade her emigrate with us. We came on a recce 3 years ago and as much as she loved NZ, she did not want to leave family and friends.

We moved over here in Dec 06 and left her in the UK with my ex mother-in-law. It was a difficult decision (not that I am telling to you make this decision in any way) but my son loves it out here and he is nearly 15 years old, he loves the outdoors.

I just hope she changes her mind in the future but being a teenager, I am not going to hold my breath just yet.

I wish you all the luck and don't envy your situation, I know how hard it was for us. If there is anything I can do, let me know ....
Old Jul 15th 2007, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Staar will become famous soon enoughStaar will become famous soon enough

Hi Colandros,

We've been in Crch since last month and our 15 yr old reckons the music scene here is good. He also says he'll speak or e-mail your son if he wants to chat to someone. Btw our 4 boys love it so far!!!