Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

can anyone adopt adorable 3 month old kitten

can anyone adopt adorable 3 month old kitten

Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default can anyone adopt adorable 3 month old kitten

hi jacky here,friends of ours have decided to go back to uk,well for a few reasons,mainly the lack of acceptance of UKplumbers qualifications,and a few more problems to boot......

anyway they have the most adorable 3 month old kitten(pumkin)she is up to date with vacinations and they are looking to rehome her.....they are going back in roughly 2 months time.....

we would have taken her but we have a dog,and it is written in our tenancy that we can only house 1 pet....

we are in east Auckland,if anyone knows of a cat loving family that would be interested can you please let me know.....much apreciated.....jacky
i will pass on any information....
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: can anyone adopt adorable 3 month old kitten

mainly the lack of acceptance of UKplumbers qualifications
I totally understand this coz it is total cr*p. but cannot they just sit the PGDB reg. exam and get it out of the way?

I would so love the kitten but we are too far away and my old cats would not be pleased.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by garryhg
hi jacky here,friends of ours have decided to go back to uk,well for a few reasons,mainly the lack of acceptance of UKplumbers qualifications,and a few more problems to boot......

anyway they have the most adorable 3 month old kitten(pumkin)she is up to date with vacinations and they are looking to rehome her.....they are going back in roughly 2 months time.....

we would have taken her but we have a dog,and it is written in our tenancy that we can only house 1 pet....

we are in east Auckland,if anyone knows of a cat loving family that would be interested can you please let me know.....much apreciated.....jacky
Garry we are coming over in april ,we have an adopted cat it came with house we are renting from friends he is quite old but we are going to miss him I know if we settle in Lyn and I would love another. Here's hoping but I am sure somebody out there would give a home to your friends kitten. How are you settling in must be a couple of months now.
Garry J
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gazzer15
Garry we are coming over in april ,we have an adopted cat it came with house we are renting from friends he is quite old but we are going to miss him I know if we settle in Lyn and I would love another. Here's hoping but I am sure somebody out there would give a home to your friends kitten. How are you settling in must be a couple of months now.
Garry J
its now about 7 months for us at the moment,and definitely gets better with time......a lot of stresses in the first few months...definitely got to have a strong marraige to cope with all these pressures......i think they will find someone to take her,she is so cute.....

they have only decided in the past few weeks to go home,they have limited savings as there house has not sold yet ,they might have to rent it out until the market picks up.....they are going back with the savings they have ,and it doesn't stretch to $4k plus vet fees for cat i'm afraid.....how are all your plans going....jacky
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I totally understand this coz it is total cr*p. but cannot they just sit the PGDB reg. exam and get it out of the way?

I would so love the kitten but we are too far away and my old cats would not be pleased.
i know that would be the most obvious thing to do,but it has reaslly pissed them off that after 20 plus experience in UK,.they have to spend that money,it would be cheaper than going home,but on principal alone they are just not going to do it,there is obviously a few other gripes,but that is there main one.....he works at the airport,they said they want him to stay and will put him through this qualification but they want him to comit for 4 years to the airport,which he is not willing to do.....he is getting $20 an hour,which as a trade is shocking.......

i am in the same boat....24 years experience in city centre hair salons,have competed in hair shows and catwalk work in uk,got a job that the hours suited,and they offered me $13 an hour plus comission,needless to say i didn't go back after 1 day......have now decided to work for myself and am in the process of doing leaflet drops in the hope to start when the schools go back.....jacky
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Fair play to you Jacky. Hope you get a huge amount of business and end up with a couple of your own salons.

Totally understand where your plumbing friend is coming from as you know. The whole thing does my head in :curse: We are currently having to spend most of our spare time with the Craftsman papers. When you think my husband has been in the trade for over 30 years and we have run our own little business, it's an insult . We've had this round our necks now for nearly 4 years and have shelled out loads of $$$, so I can quite see why a plumber/gasfitter would call it a day & thats without working practices and some of the attitudes you get in this trade & with the trade board.
$20 is a rip off. Especially in your area. My husband is on $26 per hour.

Has he thought of changing areas ?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by garryhg

Plans going well should be over in about nine weeks, no job as yet but plenty of interest for both of us. really looking forward to it . will probably rent inititially heading for Tauranga,BOP as jobs seem to be plentiful for truck drivers.We are looking at rentals now to get an idea of costs. So if any of you fine scholars know of property to rent short term we would appreciate the nod.