British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/can-any-give-me-links-good-websites-finding-new-build-houses-wellington-908247/)

Stephen Jones Jan 21st 2018 5:20 pm

Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington?
 
Hi All,

We are actively looking at Wellington in a big way and are looking at all the ranges of houses to be found there.

Can anyone give me links to new build houses (eg the NZ equivalent of Wimpeys or Barratts)?


Steve

Justcol Jan 21st 2018 6:11 pm

Re: Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington
 
Just look on trademe and select new houses

The big boys are not always the best and doesn't Guarantee a happy customer
Builders here are all franchise's so can vary even under the same company name

But have a look at
GJ Gardner
Platinum homes
Stonewood builders
Lockwood builders
Signature homes
Platinum homes
Jennian homes

Google is your friend
Search nz house builders

Stephen Jones Jan 21st 2018 6:24 pm

Re: Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington
 

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 12424047)
Just look on trademe and select new houses

The big boys are not always the best and doesn't Guarantee a happy customer
Builders here are all franchise's so can vary even under the same company name

But have a look at
GJ Gardner
Platinum homes
Stonewood builders
Lockwood builders
Signature homes
Platinum homes
Jennian homes

Google is your friend
Search nz house builders


Thanks for this, this list will be most helpful.
Stephen

Stuck in Auckland Jan 22nd 2018 12:39 am

Re: Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington
 

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones (Post 12424058)
Thanks for this, this list will be most helpful.
Stephen

Stephen

Builders with show homes are often slow moving

Builders in demand don't "waste" money on show homes

Not meaning they are being arrogant - just a matter of limited working capital tied up when they have enough work coming out their ears.

Stephen Jones Jan 22nd 2018 9:29 am

Re: Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington
 

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland (Post 12424183)
Stephen

Builders with show homes are often slow moving

Builders in demand don't "waste" money on show homes

Not meaning they are being arrogant - just a matter of limited working capital tied up when they have enough work coming out their ears.


Ok.
Thanks

Timmy Chch Jan 22nd 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington
 
Of course people want to see what a company will give you for your money, I'd dismiss that show house comment. They are eventually sold by the firm or owned by the franchisee and they show off the finished product, no time is wasted on them when they bring in so much custom. Most big firms will have at least one in the big centres, I'd see it as a huge plus not a negative myself

Stephen Jones Jan 22nd 2018 9:12 pm

Re: Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington
 

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch (Post 12424745)
Of course people want to see what a company will give you for your money..

Thanks Timmy
What are house prices in Christchurch like now anyway?

Steve

Justcol Jan 22nd 2018 9:17 pm

Re: Can any give me links to good websites for finding new build houses in Wellington
 

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones (Post 12424058)
Thanks for this, this list will be most helpful.
Stephen

Stephen, the list is only helpful if you do something about it
You have been on BE since 2005 asking the same questions over and over again
I don't know why you feel the need to do this every year, the same questions just about a different town or city
I think its time to stopped wasting people's time and got on with life


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:25 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.