Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cambridge traffic?

Cambridge traffic?

Old Mar 4th 2018, 10:28 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cambridge traffic?

Hello Cambridge people! Just a quick question if you wouldn't mind answering. What is the traffic like in the morning/evening leaving at 6/7am and returning at 4/5pm to and from Huntly? I've been told it's hellish, but need clarification! Looking for accommodation for a company I'm working for.

Ta
Old Mar 5th 2018, 2:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cambridge traffic?

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Hello Cambridge people! Just a quick question if you wouldn't mind answering. What is the traffic like in the morning/evening leaving at 6/7am and returning at 4/5pm to and from Huntly? I've been told it's hellish, but need clarification! Looking for accommodation for a company I'm working for.

Ta
I have no ideas about times but I really wouldn't want to stay in Huntly
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:18 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Lol, I know right! The job is based in Huntly, so looking at affordable accommodation near Hamilton for 10/11 people for a few months (easier said than done!)
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be fair nobody actually goes to Huntly unless they absolutely have to.

You could easily lose a good hour of your life, going either way in peak time traffic between Huntly and Cambridge.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:36 am
She'll be right

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Let's be fair nobody actually goes to Huntly unless they absolutely have to.

You could easily lose a good hour of your life, going either way in peak time traffic between Huntly and Cambridge.
Thanks Bo, what would you say peak hours are?
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I know right! The job is based in Huntly, so looking at affordable accommodation near Hamilton for 10/11 people for a few months (easier said than done!)
What sort of places are you looking at, how affordable? Have you looked in Hamilton itself - there's tons of motels, serviced apartments or AirBnBs there.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:42 am
She'll be right

What sort of places are you looking at, how affordable? Have you looked in Hamilton itself - there's tons of motels, serviced apartments or AirBnBs there.
We have looked at motels (bit expensive and they aren't always keen on long-term stays). Plus we have quite a few vehicles that can't always fit into their car parks and can't be parked on the road due to insurance.

Holiday homes but they always seem to have an issue ie not enough beds or bedrooms, too expensive, too crap etc etc.

Wouldn't trust them in an airbnb to be perfectly honest!

The only other option is the holiday park in Hamilton but it's not ideal for a long stay.

I've found a great house in Cambridge that ticks all the boxes, but I've now heard traffic is terrible, although they would be up and out by 7am latest.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Bo, what would you say peak hours are?
Huntly is the worst bottleneck, as all traffic has to pass through there to get to Auckland and the you'll catch them no matter what time you leave. Peak time probably 6-9 am heading North and 4-7pm on the way back.

Most times in between are not really much better as you have to contend with traffic into / out of Hamilton, all the logging trucks, milk tankers, sheep and cows and folks travelling through to Auckland and back.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 4:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes!
Will you or anyone you like need to stay there?

If not, anything will do
Old Mar 5th 2018, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yikes!

If not, anything will do

Surely, nobody deserves that! Dunno whatever those poor blokes ever did to PomChCh.

As if working in Huntly - for a few months is not bad enough!!

A few days would be too many and I think if my boss was sending me on 'business trip' to Huntly he'd better compensate me well and at least stump up with a decent place to stay.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Surely, nobody deserves that! Dunno whatever those poor blokes ever did to PomChCh.

As if working in Huntly - for a few months is not bad enough!!

A few days would be too many and I think if my boss was sending me on 'business trip' to Huntly he'd better compensate me well and at least stump up with a decent place to stay.
Sometimes wickedness takes over me . I'd be leaving the job if someone sent me to live and work in Huntly.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

From Cambridge you should take the 1B up past the milk factory and follow for Taupiri
the journey take about 40 to 45 mins and is relatively traffic free, I used to do it every day
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

For goodness sake. Whats wrong with working in Huntly for a few months? Pom chch sounds like the kind of person who would probably enjoy it. Nothing wrong with even living there IMO. A lot of state houses and beneficiaries on the Western side of the river but some better houses with views in the east and only an hr to Auckland CBD and 25 mins to Hamilton. 45 mins to Cambridge taking the route that avoids Hamilton.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

I cant vouch you will enjoy it Pchch. It will probably be a complete disaster now after the indignance of my previous reply. Lol.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

You guys make me laugh
Huntly is like Beverly Hills in comparison to many places I have the displeasure of having experience of in the UK. Jeez there's a few I can think of where I wouldn't even walk through during the day..........with an armed guard.

Agree with Justcol. To get from Cambridge to Huntly you need to take SH1B around the back. If you use SH1 you gonna be gridlocked from Tamahere interchange all the way through. Willow Glen Cafe is awesome for breakfast on the rear deck 934 Gordonton Rd, Hamilton 3281 willowglen.nz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.