Calor Gas Heaters

Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Default Calor Gas Heaters

Hi,
This is probably a very silly question, but on my recent trip to NZ after talking to people I understand the houses can be quite cold in winter. Has anyone taken calor gas heaters out and if so can you get the gas for them ? I understand in the main living area log stoves are the norm but I'm wondering abouth other areas of the house.

Thankyou
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Calor Gas Heaters

The fittings will possibly be different, so I'd say leave your heater. In any case they are not that healthy to have around the place.

You could look at halogen heaters/ oil fired rads etc once you know more about the actual accom you will live in.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

OzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really niceOzzieGunner is just really nice

Originally Posted by anniiee
Hi,
This is probably a very silly question, but on my recent trip to NZ after talking to people I understand the houses can be quite cold in winter. Has anyone taken calor gas heaters out and if so can you get the gas for them ? I understand in the main living area log stoves are the norm but I'm wondering abouth other areas of the house.

Thankyou
Small gas heaters similar to the calor gas ones you refer to are very common in NZ burning LPG. There are dangers associated with them including carbon monoxide risk, fire hazard and burns from people falling into them. The previous poster is correct if you want one better to buy in NZ as the gas connections are different etc. They are relatively cheap to purchase. In many other countries they have now been banned.

Pete
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

gas heaters produce a lot of water, which isn't really a good idea, Heat pumps and oil rads are the way
Old Feb 25th 2009, 12:09 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Calor Gas Heaters

Vented gas boilers would work or propper central heating TBH . Apparently coal is the cheapest source of energy in bulk .